AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: what is the longest you held it in while on the road?  (Read 24099 times)

place-saint-henri

• Last Login: February 08, 2022, 08:33:33 PM
what is the longest you held it in while on the road?
« on: January 05, 2015, 01:08:15 PM »

:bigass:

We all know how great it feels to be out on the open road! But what is even better is the feeling of successfully relieving yourself while making great distances while out on the road!

so, road-geeks what is your record for holding off "doing your business" on the road? be sure to specify where!

My top two:

1. New Baltimore Rest Area on the NYS Thruway 2011. I made a three logger clogger (Ill leave it up to your imagination to figure it out) after holding it in since the Tappan Zee Bridge!

2. Maryland House, I-95, 2005. After eating two cinnabuns a few hours earlier at a NJ Turnpike rest stop (Thomas Edison) I had a great need to relieve myself by time I had gotten into Maryland, and well the rest is history!

3. Mallorytown ON-ROUTE, Highway 401 in Mallorytown, Ontario (2010). I think I set a personal record for liquid output at this one. Held it in from leaving Montreal until almost in Kingston. 

Bonus points if you hold it in across state or provincial lines!

KG909

• Genius, roadgeek, and professional genius destroyer.

• Last Login: October 14, 2018, 05:41:00 PM
Re: what is the longest you held it in while on the road?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »

2 days
Fontana, CA to Tucson, AZ and back. I ate Carl's Jr on Saturday morning and it didn't exit my system until Sunday night. I can already see this being a really fucked up thread.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:14:35 PM by KG909 »
~Fuccboi

adventurernumber1

• David Carson

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 05:34:35 PM
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:42:15 PM »

2 days
Fontana, CA to Tucson, AZ and back. I ate Carl's Jr on Saturday morning and it didn't exit my system until Sunday night. I can already see this being a really fucked up thread.

Whoa. Two days??? I assumed bad stuff might happen after not using the bathroom at all for just 1 whole day, but how long is it possible to hold it?? Guess I was wrong, but 2 days can't feel good at all!  :wow:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Brandon

• Stop making sense

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:52:25 PM
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

2 days

It's pretty shitty, all right.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

KG909

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »

2 days

Whoa. Two days??? I assumed bad stuff might happen after not using the bathroom at all for just 1 whole day, but how long is it possible to hold it?? Guess I was wrong, but 2 days can't feel good at all!  :wow:
It's not that bad lol, well for me it wasn't. I only ate once and Idk why but if I'm not home, I never have the urge to use the bathroom.
2 days

It's pretty shitty, all right.
Lol, that was a good one
~Fuccboi

ET21

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:11:16 PM
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 03:25:20 PM »

#1: 2 hours this past October heading to Minneapolis. Forgot about the big I-94 construction  :crazy:
#2: 6 hours, didn't really need to go when we left Chicago for Detroit. I regretted that decision when we reached Canada
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

1995hoo

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:22:06 PM
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »

No idea, but on the way south for Christmas last month I made a point of eating foods that would not make one have to leave a load in the hopes I wouldn't have to use a fast food/gas station/rest area crapper. Must have done the job because I went a day and a half (the entire drive) without having to sit on the toilet, though coffee and soda did lead to several toilet stops anyway.

I used to get annoyed if I had to stop to take a leak less than 250 miles from home,* but nowadays when we hit the road early I'd rather bring a cup of coffee with me, so sooner or later I'm going to have to make a stop.

The part about "bonus points if you hold it in across state or provincial lines" isn't really all that remarkable if you live where I do....it's six miles to the Maryland state line and, if you continue up I-95 the whole way, it's only 109 miles further to Delaware (and less to Pennsylvania). Neither of those distances are any challenge to make without having to use the john. I've routinely made it from home to Brooklyn without having to stop for any reason other than paying tolls (this was back in the pre—E-ZPass days when there was also less traffic on the road).

*"Had to" denoting that if I stop to eat, say if I leave home early in the morning without breakfast and I stop two hours into the trip to eat something, I will normally make a toilet stop at the same time even if it doesn't feel like I need to go.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

bandit957

• Pooing America

• Last Login: Today at 02:00:19 AM
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:49:46 PM »

A few years ago, I went up to Indianapolis for an event with some friends. We were going to meet up with a person at a restaurant there. On the way up, we stopped at a Wendy's near Cincinnati. I downed a Coke, but I assumed I could hold it in until we got to Indy.

By the time we got to I-465 though, my bladder was beginning to churn. Then, when we got on I-465, traffic was stopped. Completely. And I had to go. Bad. It must have taken an extra hour to get to the restaurant on the north side of town.

When I finally got there, I just darted past the person we were there to meet and rushed to the restroom.

Then later there was the trip to Colorado. On the last day of the trip, through Illinois and Indiana, I had to stop to pee about once every 5 minutes. For no apparent reason. At one stop, I was leaving the restroom, then I needed to pee a second time.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bandit957

• Pooing America

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »

Also, there was a trip a few years ago with my brother in rural Tennessee. We had to use his GPS to find a detour to the nearest gas station, which was miles away. At least once or twice, the gas station had no restrooms - forcing us to find yet another station.

Nowadays, I wouldn't put up with that. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

bandit957

• Pooing America

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 05:02:02 PM »

Also, I have been on week-long trips where I didn't do a Number Two the whole time.

SignGeek101

• Winnipeg sign geek and civil engineering student.

• Last Login: July 19, 2018, 09:05:19 PM
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »

Well, I either don't tend to drink or eat a lot, or I have a great system that allows me to hold it off longer than most people (most days I don't use the bathroom once at university over the 7-8 hours I'm away from home. The university bathrooms stink too much anyway  :D)

But when I was a kid (2006) my family and I took a road trip from Winnipeg to Humboldt Sask to visit some family. I don't believe I managed to use a bathroom until we crossed the Sask-Man border. It's not that big of a deal now, but back then, it was a pretty tough wait.

Pete from Boston

• Location: Massachusetts, and all the roads radiating out of it
  • Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:29:22 PM
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 06:58:29 PM »

It's hard for me to believe you people keep track of these things.

jakeroot

• 日本標準時

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:09:51 PM
    • Flickr
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »

Sacramento to LA in one sitting. Rolled out of bed, straight into my car and straight to LA. No drinks, no food, just me and the car. Definitely a personal best.

Second best was Saint Louis to Joliet, Il. Ate a big breakfast in STL and then headed out towards Chicago. Got stuck in a traffic jam along I-55 while they were doing bridge repair. Had to relieve myself along a freeway ramp.

KG909

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 07:21:12 PM »

Sacramento to LA in one sitting. Rolled out of bed, straight into my car and straight to LA. No drinks, no food, just me and the car. Definitely a personal best.

Second best was Saint Louis to Joliet, Il. Ate a big breakfast in STL and then headed out towards Chicago. Got stuck in a traffic jam along I-55 while they were doing bridge repair. Had to relieve myself along a freeway ramp.
I remember seeing someone take a dump along I-8 in Arizona. It was in front of a picnic stop.
~Fuccboi

jakeroot

• 日本標準時

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:09:51 PM
    • Flickr
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 07:23:24 PM »

I remember seeing someone take a dump along I-8 in Arizona. It was in front of a picnic stop.

Impressive! Brave to do that in front of passerby's. I don't like dumping in a full restroom, let alone on the side of a busy freeway.

1995hoo

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 08:22:55 PM »

Impressive! Brave to do that in front of passerby's. I don't like dumping in a full restroom, let alone on the side of a busy freeway.

The time I was stricken and had to take a dump on the side of the road, I hid as best I could behind a bridge abutment. Bigger problem was having to use various napkins and tissues I was able to scrounge out of the car in lieu of TP since I had none of the latter with me. Napkins and tissues are not so good for wiping up the runs.

cu2010

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 09:07:38 PM
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »

2 1/2 hours...while stuck in line at the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge.

Damn did that backup seem to take forever.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Jardine

• Last Login: September 06, 2018, 02:05:15 PM
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 09:42:46 PM »

Most contrary example of topic:

Helped a friend move from eastern Iowa to New Jersey many years ago.  First day he drove.  He stopped at EVERY rest area, peed and drank another can of pop.  I was about to lose my mind, as all these delays were taking forever.

Second day, I drove, we did not stop at that first rest area, he had no pop, and we did not stop.

He was jonesing for caffeine so bad by the late afternoon I thought he was going to stab me in the throat with a pencil.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 10:38:08 PM »

Once you pop, you can't stop.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

KG909

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 10:40:54 PM »

Lmao
~Fuccboi

jp the roadgeek

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:11:46 PM
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 12:04:02 AM »

Apparently, when I was a really young kid, I made it all the way from CT to outside of Bridgton.  I've made it from my house in CT to Bordentown, NJ as an adult. Worst experience had to be from Dover to Rehoboth Beach, DE.  I swear they put a diuretic in the soda fountains at McDonald's.  Past Milford, no bathrooms for miles on DE 1.  Barely made it to the Rehoboth outlets.  Run to the food court, right past Grotto Pizza to the men's room.  3-4 minutes straight.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

leroys73

• Last Login: January 07, 2019, 08:33:11 AM
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 07:28:05 AM »

It's hard for me to believe you people keep track of these things.

Agree, but there are a lot of strange statistics out there; that's why I like this forum.

As far as #2 I usually go 2 or 3 times/day at home but on the road once every day or two.  However, my wife and daughter go days when at home without a good crap so they may be champs on the road.

As far as #1 I know I went 400 miles recently without pain, so about 6hrs, not bad for an old fart.  I am sure when I was young I went much longer. Of course back then I could put a stream across a four lane highway.   
'73 Vette, '72 Monte Carlo, ;11 Green with Envy Challenger R/T,Ram, RoyalStarVenture S,USA Honda VTX1300R ridden 49states &11provinces,Driven cars in50 states+DC&21countries,OverseasBrats;IronButt:MileEatersilver,SS1000Gold,SS3000,3xSS2000,18xSS1000, 3TX1000,6BB1500,NPT,LakeSuperiorCircleTour

bandit957

• Pooing America

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 12:58:38 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

When I use public restrooms, I do not touch the johnnypot. Ever. They're filthy.

Pete from Boston

• Location: Massachusetts, and all the roads radiating out of it
  • Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:29:22 PM
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 01:16:05 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

When I use public restrooms, I do not touch the johnnypot. Ever. They're filthy.

I sure hope you don't turn off the faucet.  After you wash your hands, you go putting them right back where all those peepee-soiled fingers also touched, never mind the gobs of feces lurking on them.  Leave it running for some other sucker to turn off!

1995hoo

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 01:18:04 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

Heh. I've heard women say they "hover" over a public toilet. I've never been any good at trying to do that. I guess it makes sense the women would have more practice at doing that.....

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.