AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: what is the longest you held it in while on the road?  (Read 24102 times)

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• Last Login: November 21, 2016, 09:58:39 AM
    • AARoads Shield Gallery
Re: what is the longest you held it in while on the road?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 01:35:29 PM »

frontal activity?  probably about 4 hours from first urge to relief.  nowadays I'd just stop by the side of the road and get that taken care of.

as for simply not having to go?  I've gone all day without going.  if I sweat enough, I won't need to eliminate my liquids as often in other forms.

with regard to rearal activity: probably several days by virtue of not needing to go. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Brandon

• Stop making sense

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:52:25 PM
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

When I use public restrooms, I do not touch the johnnypot. Ever. They're filthy.

Heh. I've heard women say they "hover" over a public toilet. I've never been any good at trying to do that. I guess it makes sense the women would have more practice at doing that.....

I've seen the results.  In college, I was a janitor for about a year or so, and had to clean the bathrooms on weekends.  The men's room toilets were usually fairly clean.  The floor under the urinals was a different story.  The women's room toilets had splatter all over them.  Hovering is a horrible idea.  If you're that damn worried, use some toilet paper on the seat.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

codyg1985

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 09:40:13 AM
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 01:51:37 PM »

My longest feat was holding it across the state of Arkansas. I stopped in Alma, AR on the way back home from Fayetteville. I didn't stop to use the restroom again until I got to the east side of Memphis on US 72 at the TN/MS state line.

And as for number two, I don't mind gas stations as long as they have flush valves. I don't want to stop up the toilet. Truck stops are awesome for that, usually.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Big John

• Last Login: Today at 05:40:03 AM
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »

In the south, i have seen paper liners in the stalls where you cover the toilet seat before sitting down.  I have not seen them in the north.

codyg1985

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »

In the south, i have seen paper liners in the stalls where you cover the toilet seat before sitting down.  I have not seen them in the north.

We have them in my office building.
Cody Goodman

1995hoo

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:22:06 PM
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 02:28:26 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

When I use public restrooms, I do not touch the johnnypot. Ever. They're filthy.

Heh. I've heard women say they "hover" over a public toilet. I've never been any good at trying to do that. I guess it makes sense the women would have more practice at doing that.....

I've seen the results.  In college, I was a janitor for about a year or so, and had to clean the bathrooms on weekends.  The men's room toilets were usually fairly clean.  The floor under the urinals was a different story.  The women's room toilets had splatter all over them.  Hovering is a horrible idea.  If you're that damn worried, use some toilet paper on the seat.

Heh. The grossest toilet I ever experienced was at the Rasta Bar (also known as Marley's) on Cozumel (it's on the inland side of the road here: https://www.google.com/maps/@20.2936525,-86.9572606,18z ). You go in the men's room and there's a booth with a standard American-style toilet....with no toilet seat. There's a long broomstick hanging from the wall, a big hook on the back of the door, a wastebasket next to the toilet, and a huge rain bucket outside with a pail of water.

The broomstick was for balance while you hovered over the bowl due to the lack of a seat. The hook was for hanging your pants and underwear to avoid splatter. The wastebasket was for disposing of the TP (I felt sorry for the guy who had to empty it after my visit) and the rain bucket was for getting a pail of water to dump down the bowl to flush it (and for rinsing your hands after you had finished up).

I wish I'd taken a picture.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Brandon

• Stop making sense

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:52:25 PM
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

They're all over the north as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

bandit957

• Pooing America

• Last Login: Today at 02:00:19 AM
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

I sure hope you don't turn off the faucet.  After you wash your hands, you go putting them right back where all those peepee-soiled fingers also touched, never mind the gobs of feces lurking on them.  Leave it running for some other sucker to turn off!

The trick is not to pee on your hands in the first place.

And I have a unique way of opening the door when I leave the restroom. I open it with my pinky finger, and touch only the top part of the handle, which nobody else touches.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: April 26, 2021, 12:13:44 PM
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 02:41:40 PM »

When I was little (4th grade), we had a class trip to... some Native American reserve or camp or something to that nature. Regardless, we were there for about 6 hours; the bus ride to-and-from was about an hour. The only restrooms they had were porta-potties, and the stench from those things was enough to dissuade me from using them. During that trip, I had a handful of sodas, and by the time we were about to leave, I really had to go. I thought I would be fine until we got back to the school. On the way back, what happens? We hit freaking traffic. So I had to wait an extra 40 minutes. I did the whole "cover your balls" thing to hold it in, and I held it in somehow until we got back to the school. The moment those doors opened, I ran like all hell into the bathroom and released a 40 seconds-or-so stream.

But that's not even "on the road", that's just the longest I held it in. I don't have long enough trips to actually be forced to use a public rest area.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

bandit957

• Pooing America

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 02:42:19 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

I've seen many men's restrooms where folks have clearly hovered - and missed.

I'm talking about a Number Two.

bandit957

• Pooing America

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 02:50:04 PM »

When I went to the most recent Oktoberfest in Cincinnati, the portable restrooms were an absolute mess. People always throw things like phone books and pants in the toilets there, but this time, there just weren't enough restrooms.

And after eating those really good pretzels there, I really had to drop a deuce. But the line was too long for the bathrooms, and the bathrooms were so filthy I didn't want to use them anyway for a Number Two. So I traveled 20 minutes all the way back home just to go to the bathroom. By bike. And when you have to drop a deuce that badly, it's extremely difficult to ride a bike.

It turned out to be a logger clogger.

leroys73

• Last Login: January 07, 2019, 08:33:11 AM
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 04:11:07 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

Heh. The grossest toilet I ever experienced was at the Rasta Bar (also known as Marley's) on Cozumel (it's on the inland side of the road here: https://www.google.com/maps/@20.2936525,-86.9572606,18z ). You go in the men's room and there's a booth with a standard American-style toilet....with no toilet seat. There's a long broomstick hanging from the wall, a big hook on the back of the door, a wastebasket next to the toilet, and a huge rain bucket outside with a pail of water.

The broomstick was for balance while you hovered over the bowl due to the lack of a seat. The hook was for hanging your pants and underwear to avoid splatter. The wastebasket was for disposing of the TP (I felt sorry for the guy who had to empty it after my visit) and the rain bucket was for getting a pail of water to dump down the bowl to flush it (and for rinsing your hands after you had finished up).

I wish I'd taken a picture.

May be another thread but the weirdest for me was in France, we called them bomb sights as you sort of squatted over a hole in the floor. Another in Paris was these sort of shower stall cubicles on the street. A person would go in there and you might say it flowed down the side of the street and into the sewer.  This was in the late 60s so things may have changed.

Then also in the late 60s the Munich beer hall restrooms we just pissed on the wall and it ran down the wall to a tiled ditch. At times while hosing down the wall a frau would come in and clean up right next to you.

In Mexico similar experience as Bandit there were toilets without seats or tanks behind a curtain.  You had to carry a bucket of water in with you to flush the solids but toilet paper, if used, would not flush just stop up the toilet.

A related subject might be toilet paper.  When I lived in Europe the toilet paper was almost like sand paper.  In London it was like wax paper and only one square at a time.  I experienced a blow out so that was fun.  I had to save a piece of this with City of Westminster printed on each square.
'73 Vette, '72 Monte Carlo, ;11 Green with Envy Challenger R/T,Ram, RoyalStarVenture S,USA Honda VTX1300R ridden 49states &11provinces,Driven cars in50 states+DC&21countries,OverseasBrats;IronButt:MileEatersilver,SS1000Gold,SS3000,3xSS2000,18xSS1000, 3TX1000,6BB1500,NPT,LakeSuperiorCircleTour

Pete from Boston

• Location: Massachusetts, and all the roads radiating out of it
  • Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:29:22 PM
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 04:33:18 PM »

Never touch a toilet.

I sure hope you don't turn off the faucet.  After you wash your hands, you go putting them right back where all those peepee-soiled fingers also touched, never mind the gobs of feces lurking on them.  Leave it running for some other sucker to turn off!

The trick is not to pee on your hands in the first place.

In other words, you don't wash your hands when you use the restroom.  Please, please tell me you don't work in food service.

KG909

• Genius, roadgeek, and professional genius destroyer.

• Last Login: October 14, 2018, 05:41:00 PM
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »

All of these stories remind me of my school. The inside the of the toilet is clogged, the paper is everywhere, the walls are literally covered in shit, and it smells like cheap weed. The last one doesn't have to do with this but might as well add it in.
~Fuccboi

bandit957

• Pooing America

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 06:31:02 PM »

All of these stories remind me of my school. The inside the of the toilet is clogged, the paper is everywhere, the walls are literally covered in shit, and it smells like cheap weed.

Add in a few fires, and it sounds like my high school.

KG909

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »

All of these stories remind me of my school. The inside the of the toilet is clogged, the paper is everywhere, the walls are literally covered in shit, and it smells like cheap weed.

Add in a few fires, and it sounds like my high school.
Ahh yes, I forgot the trash cans getting set on fire. Classic high school fun!
~Fuccboi

GCrites80s

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:38:45 PM
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 09:32:29 PM »

I used to see them a lot more often up here in the '80s and '90s.

Laura

• Mrs. MD Roads

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 02:59:33 PM
    • MD Roads
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 10:59:39 AM »

Ugh, I rarely hover over a toilet bowl. More trouble than it's worth. If some asshole left pee on the seat before me, I wipe it up with TP, put some antibacterial sanitizer on some TP and wipe again, then sit down and go.

The one exception was at a bathroom in the NYC subway...that was seriously the dirtiest bathroom I had ever seen. Smelled like piss, had random underwear on the floor...but I really needed to go. I hovered, wiped myself with a napkin out of my purse, used another napkin to flush the toilet. Used hand sanitizer on hands.

That entire day was probably the longest I had held it in continuously because up in NYC, there just aren't many public restrooms. That entire day was...hold as long as possible, oh thank God a McDonalds, hold as long as possible, oh good our lunch spot has a toilet, hold as long as possible, omg diarrhea from the restaurant is setting in, please lord let there be a bathroom somewhere, oh good there's one in brooklyn bridge park, oh crap its on the other side, no don't crap you can't you don't own any other pants, finally thank god I can go for the next forever. Satisfied for now. Hold as long as possible, oh look there's one in the subway station at our stop, dear god no this is disgusting but I must go...hover and run.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »

Public bathrooms need to be signed at least as well as public parking.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bandit957

• Pooing America

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2015, 12:58:17 PM »

McDonald's usually has good bathrooms (relatively speaking). An exception is the one at Hyde Park Plaza in Cincinnati, where it's just a single seater. I tried using it a couple weeks ago when I went Roads Scholaring, but it was being monopolized.

codyg1985

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2015, 01:12:22 PM »

McDonald's usually has good bathrooms (relatively speaking). An exception is the one at Hyde Park Plaza in Cincinnati, where it's just a single seater. I tried using it a couple weeks ago when I went Roads Scholaring, but it was being monopolized.

I actually quite like their restrooms for doing number two. They have good flush valve toilets.

On my last meet, I scouted out places with good restrooms, and McDonalds won out at both break stops.
Cody Goodman

KG909

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »

McDonald's restrooms are mostly terrible for me. Always dirty and tagged up.
~Fuccboi

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »

Most McDonald's I've been in have only one toilet and two urinals.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2015, 02:07:32 PM »

Off-topic: am I the only one who pulls up one shorts leg and pees out the bottom?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

1995hoo

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:22:06 PM
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »

Off-topic: am I the only one who pulls up one shorts leg and pees out the bottom?

My father does that. He's the only person I know who does.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.