News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Favorite Type Of Bridge

Started by Voyager, February 01, 2009, 03:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadsign199qc

My favorite is also suspension.
Hi!

vtk

Old concrete arch bridges FTW.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Ian

My favorite types of bridges would definitely have to be suspension and cantilever. Not too much of a cable-stayed fan, but I do love the Zakim Bridge in Boston.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Anonymity Lane

Stephane Dumas

1995hoo

Suspension, I think in part because I always liked the way the ones in New York would have the cables lit up at night.

Cable-stayed doesn't do much for me, although the Sunshine Skyway is very impressive, especially from a distance, and I like the way the Bill Buckner Bridge in Boston was designed so the cars roll through the towers' legs.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

agentsteel53

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 20, 2011, 12:11:21 PM
Bill Buckner Bridge in Boston was designed so the cars roll through the towers' legs.

first time I'd ever heard it called that!  :-D

I am partial towards suspension.

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

cu2010

I like old bridges. Doesn't matter which type, so long as they're old. And preferably still drivable.  :biggrin:
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.