News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike2357

Since when do "random thoughts" have to be consistent? Besides, Astronomy and Science require putting all different ideas on the table.
Interstate Highways are what define the United States of America

Scott5114

The surface of the sun is approximately 10,000°F year round. If you put different ideas on the table, expect Astronomy and Science to laugh at you.

https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/sunfact.html
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

dlsterner

Quote from: Mike2357 on August 14, 2021, 07:35:49 PM
I wonder if humans will ever walk on the sun? I know it's extremely hot but if we sent a ship in the winter when the sun is like 30 degrees I bet we could land on it.
Instead of waiting until winter, why not just go at night?   :pan:

roadman65

Doesn't Smashmouth have song titled Walking on the Sun?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Mike2357

Quote from: dlsterner on August 14, 2021, 08:53:16 PM
I wonder if humans will ever walk on the sun? I know it's extremely hot but if we sent a ship in the winter when the sun is like 30 degrees I bet we could land on it.
Instead of waiting until winter, why not just go at night?   :pan:

The sun turns off at night so there would be nothing to land on..get ur facts straight.

hotdogPi

Playing with the URL tag. Do either of these two work? (They don't for me on Safari.)

localhost

javascript:alert(1337)

Also, DO NOT click this one:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%53%70%65%63%69%61%6C%3A%55%73%65%72%4C%6F%67%6F%75%74
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Scott5114

Localhost works for me, but probably only because I have an Apache server running on my desktop. The JavaScript one doesn't, thankfully.

kenarmy

- So are we gonna ignore two window drive-thrus going extinct?
- It's time for the twerkulator.
- It is so exhausting hearing America is the first democracy.
- Humans can't even properly map the world. lul.
- Chances are... you aren't rich and you don't listen to Bootylicious everyday.
- Complaining? Just remember you don't live in the worst state.
- WAIT A MINUTE.. Sarah Bellum from the powerpuff girls is shaped like a cerebellum!!
- Why do we say it's hard as hell and not "hail"?
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

Scott5114

Quote from: kenarmy on August 15, 2021, 12:24:22 AM
- So are we gonna ignore two window drive-thrus going extinct?

They were already on the way there when I got my first job at Burger King in 2006. We had a first window (officially called "the hole"), but we never had enough employees to man it. When we did, it ate our labor cost percentage alive, so store management was never keen on letting us have someone to man it. It didn't really help our drive thru times much anyway, since the real time sinks were waiting for people to decide on what they wanted at the menu board, and for food to come out of the kitchen, not the paying. I'm not surprised that other restaurants are coming to the conclusion that having someone in the hole isn't worth the money and not even building them on new restaurants.

Of note is that, for a while in the 1990s, McDonalds was using three windows, one for ordering (in lieu of a speakerbox), one for paying, one for pickup. Later they reverted to a traditional speakerbox and two-window setup.

Takumi

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on August 14, 2021, 12:26:35 PM
why does holyoke, colorado have a street called 'interocean blvd' ? big aspirations?

us 6
There’s your answer.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: Takumi on August 15, 2021, 10:42:12 AM
why does holyoke, colorado have a street called 'interocean blvd' ? big aspirations?

us 6
There's your answer.

that street isn't even us 6 .. .it's us 385 ... holyoke is the interesction of 6 and 385. and 385 certainly doesn't link 2 oceans..
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

kkt

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 06, 2021, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: kphoger on August 06, 2021, 06:17:46 PM
Quote from: renegade on August 06, 2021, 06:06:00 PM
kenarmy posts lots of "(x artist) is better than your favorite singer" and "if you would just listen to (y artist)'s (z song), it would become your favorite."  That's not how musical taste works for me.

That's not how musical taste works, period.  It's not like, if we don't like Britney Spears, then it's because–oops! we made a mistake–

I'm a bit annoyed you included the word "oops!" in the same sentence as Britney Spears without following it with some variant of "I did it again".

He didn't need to put in the "oops!"  We got it anyway.

renegade

Are you stoned or just stupid?
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Flint1979

Quote from: renegade on August 15, 2021, 08:09:10 PM

Are you stoned or just stupid?
LOL

Mike2357

Actually considered we could just launch at night, but since the sun turns off at night there would be nothing to land on, so we have to wait until a 20 degree winter day in the daytime so the sun is on, but has a nice icy surface.

wanderer2575

Can't tell whether you're just filling space with a ha-ha or you're actually serious, but somewhat related is that some farmers think Daylight Saving Time is bad because the extra hour of sun burns up their crops.

Mike2357

Quote from: wanderer2575 on August 16, 2021, 11:54:00 AM

Can't tell whether you're just filling space with a ha-ha or you're actually serious, but somewhat related is that some farmers think Daylight Saving Time is bad because the extra hour of sun burns up their crops.

That is why farmers shade their crops one day every 4 years to compensate for leap year.

renegade

Quote from: Mike2357 on August 16, 2021, 11:29:49 AM
Actually considered we could just launch at night, but since the sun turns off at night there would be nothing to land on, so we have to wait until a 20 degree winter day in the daytime so the sun is on, but has a nice icy surface.
Banhammer.  For the love of all things roadworthy, swing the banhammer already.   :pan: 
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Takumi

I'd hoped the people of this forum were able to pick up on obvious trolling. Alas.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Mike2357

LOL this is a thread titled "random thoughts" in the off topic section of the forum! Unless you are attacking someone or, worstly, providing false interstate information, how could anyone get banned?

Scott5114

Quote from: Mike2357 on August 16, 2021, 03:57:46 PM
LOL this is a thread titled "random thoughts" in the off topic section of the forum! Unless you are attacking someone or, worstly, providing false interstate information, how could anyone get banned?

The forum rules apply to all threads, regardless of what section they are in.

kphoger

Quote from: kenarmy on August 15, 2021, 12:24:22 AM
- Chances are... you aren't rich and you don't listen to Bootylicious everyday.

Thank goodness on that last one.

Also, chances are you don't know what "everyday" means.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hotdogPi

Quote from: kphoger on August 16, 2021, 04:09:22 PM
Also, chances are you don't know what "everyday" means.

I've seen this one often in businesses (e.g. free ear piercings everyday, although they don't tell you that it's free with purchase of something else). The worst I've seen, however, is this:

"Walk-In's Welcome", made worse in that it would cost a lot to fix it. You can't just replace a piece of paper, a menu, or anything like that in this particular case.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Mike2357

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 16, 2021, 04:06:20 PM
Quote from: Mike2357 on August 16, 2021, 03:57:46 PM

The forum rules apply to all threads, regardless of what section they are in.

Fine, I admit I was trolling, but see no point in deleting the posts as they were already quoted multiple times.

kphoger

why does holyoke, colorado have a street called 'interocean blvd' ? big aspirations? it's a wide spot in us 6 for chrissakes.

According to the Phillips County website coordinator:

Quote from: http://cogenweb.com/phillips/towns-holyoke.html
Most of its streets were named for important people in the community, but there is some question as to the naming of the street named "Interocean" . Some believe it was named because the Pacific Ocean is on one side and the Atlantic is on the other, others say that it was a slam against the Union Pacific, ...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.