News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Olive Garden is gone bad

Started by roadman65, June 22, 2021, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: US 89 on July 08, 2021, 07:38:55 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 08, 2021, 05:11:27 PM
People do prom meals at Olive Garden? I mean no offense but that's not very common in my area. Is Olive Garden the fanciest restaurant in your area?

You think Olive Garden isn't nice enough? I once went to a pre-dance dinner with some friends at Cook Out. We were all dressed up in suits and definitely got a couple weird looks from some of the other people there. But hey, it was inexpensive and probably better than you might find at a place like say...Olive Garden?
It's fine, but I wouldn't exactly call it "nice". I don't care what people do, however.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on July 08, 2021, 08:06:29 PM
Comparing Fazoli's to Olive Garden is like comparing Long John Silver's or Captain D's to Red Lobster.

Kind of my point.  I like Red Lobster OK, too.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

vdeane

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 08, 2021, 09:31:08 PM
People do prom meals at Olive Garden? I mean no offense but that's not very common in my area. Is Olive Garden the fanciest restaurant in your area?

You think Olive Garden isn't nice enough? I once went to a pre-dance dinner with some friends at Cook Out. We were all dressed up in suits and definitely got a couple weird looks from some of the other people there. But hey, it was inexpensive and probably better than you might find at a place like say...Olive Garden?
It's fine, but I wouldn't exactly call it "nice". I don't care what people do, however.
If people can wear tuxedos and other formal wear at this roadside food place (which actually happened in a roadmeet), I'm sure people can have prom dates at Olive Garden.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kphoger

Quote from: vdeane on July 08, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
If people can wear tuxedos and other formal wear at this roadside food place (which actually happened in a roadmeet), I'm sure people can have prom dates at Olive Garden.

I once worked my shift at a warehouse while wearing a tuxedo, because I was in a concert that evening and wouldn't have time to change clothes first.  And I'm pretty sure I once took a public bus dressed in a tux, but I can't say for absolute certain.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: vdeane on July 08, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 08, 2021, 09:31:08 PM

Eh at my prom we had food trucks because it was in the school cafeteria this year.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Flint1979

Cook Out is the bomb. I ate there often when I was in North Carolina.

Rothman

Quote from: Flint1979 on July 08, 2021, 11:12:46 PM

Hard to believe kids dressed up would cause much surprise.  Pretty much assumed that they'd be going to a dance.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

Quote from: Rothman on July 08, 2021, 11:26:56 PM

Hard to believe kids dressed up would cause much surprise.  Pretty much assumed that they'd be going to a dance.
Yeah I don't think I'd be surprised by that.

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on July 08, 2021, 07:28:12 PM
Just because you don't happen to like Olive Garden, that doesn't mean I have to agree that it's crap.

No, but you should.

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

JoePCool14

Olive Garden may not have gone bad, but the grammar in the title definitely has!

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

hotdogPi

Quote from: JoePCool14 on July 09, 2021, 08:33:49 AM
Olive Garden may not have gone bad, but the grammar in the title definitely has!

"The Lord is come"
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on July 09, 2021, 08:38:45 AM

"The Lord is come"

You know, I never thought about it till now, but that sounds somewhat vulgar.
Male pronouns, please.

kphoger

Quote from: Rothman on July 08, 2021, 11:29:04 PM

Just because you don't happen to like Olive Garden, that doesn't mean I have to agree that it's crap.

No, but you should.

You should like Olive Garden.

There, did I win the argument?

:fight:
Male pronouns, please.

SectorZ

Quote from: kphoger on July 09, 2021, 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: 1 on July 09, 2021, 08:38:45 AM

"The Lord is come"

You know, I never thought about it till now, but that sounds somewhat vulgar.

The essence of life.

hbelkins

Quote from: kphoger on July 08, 2021, 10:13:47 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on July 08, 2021, 08:06:29 PM
Comparing Fazoli's to Olive Garden is like comparing Long John Silver's or Captain D's to Red Lobster.

Kind of my point.  I like Red Lobster OK, too.

But take that one step farther. Comparing Olive Garden to a higher-end Italian restaurant is like comparing Red Lobster to a fancier seafood place. Fast food to fast casual to fine dining.

Of course I'm not really partial to either Italian cuisine, nor am I a seafood aficionado. I'll eat fried clams, and have even tried and liked fried scallops, but if I'm eating something that lives in the water, I prefer fish.

They are rapidly expanding into Kentucky. One recently opened in Winchester. They've been in Richmond, Frankfort, and Lexington for several years now, and there's a drive-thru or pickup-only location now in Morehead.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Winchester should be ripe for expansion of any decent chain.  Last time I was there, breakfast meant Frisch's or...lesser crap.

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on July 09, 2021, 12:49:39 PM
Quote from: Rothman on July 08, 2021, 11:29:04 PM

No, but you should.

You should like Olive Garden.

There, did I win the argument?

:fight:

But Olive Garden is bad.  I shouldn't have to like bad things.

kphoger

But Olive Garden is good.
I shouldn't have to hate good things.

How long till you realize that this isn't actually an argument?

Male pronouns, please.

Roadgeekteen

This thread is ridiculous. We can each have our own opinions on Olive Garden.

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 09, 2021, 03:10:44 PM

|Rothman| says that's not allowed.
Male pronouns, please.

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on July 09, 2021, 03:21:21 PM

Oh, you can have your opinion.  Doesn't mean that it's right.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Rothman on July 09, 2021, 03:22:39 PM

Quote from: kphoger on July 09, 2021, 03:21:21 PM

Oh, you can have your opinion.  Doesn't mean that it's right.
There are no wrong opinions

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

jeffandnicole

I'm more amazed at how focused Rothman is on Olive Garden.  It's a friggen meal, not a life-long commitment.

Roadgeekteen

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.