News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Mumbai-Delhi Motorway

Started by Otto Yamamoto, December 28, 2023, 11:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Yamamoto

Road Hog

In the first six minutes of this video I saw two cyclists and a wrong-way driver. No thank you.

I do like how the striping and arrows are all hard aligned, however. A very clean look.

ADD: I love the roundabout interchange at 12:07 on the video.

Bickendan

Only two cyclists and one wrong-way driver? They need to step it up to match the Durgapur Expressway levels!

kphoger

Quote from: Road Hog on December 28, 2023, 05:55:44 PM
In the first six minutes of this video I saw two cyclists and a wrong-way driver. No thank you.

Quote from: Bickendan on December 29, 2023, 01:10:42 AM
Only two cyclists and one wrong-way driver? They need to step it up to match the Durgapur Expressway levels!

Seriously.  Just in my time driving in Mexico, I don't think I could count the number of wrong-way drivers I've seen on one hand.  Heck, I have been a wrong-way driver in Mexico before, although I used the dirt next to the roadway instead, because it was a high-traffic location.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

Quote from: Bickendan on December 29, 2023, 01:10:42 AM

That's about par for Chicago expressways.  And yes, I've even encountered a wrong-way bicyclist on the Ike (I-290), who was lane splitting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

kphoger

Quote from: Brandon on December 29, 2023, 04:10:07 PM
I've even encountered a wrong-way bicyclist on the Ike (I-290), who was lane splitting.

Soon to be lane splatting?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

Quote from: kphoger on December 29, 2023, 04:15:52 PM
Quote from: Brandon on December 29, 2023, 04:10:07 PM
I've even encountered a wrong-way bicyclist on the Ike (I-290), who was lane splitting.

Soon to be lane splatting?

No idea what happened to the guy.  It was election day, 2020, and he was heading west, shirtless, in the eastbound lanes somewhere near Laramie.  I was shocked enough that I forgot to pull out my phone and snap a photo.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Chris

This might be the longest eight lane expressway in the world. The entire Delhi - Mumbai route is built with 4+4 lanes (1,350 kilometers).

However China is busy upgrading major corridors in East China to eight lanes as well, but I don't think they have eight lanes over more than 1,000 kilometers yet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.