News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bridge replacement British Columbia Route 3

Started by Truvelo, September 16, 2010, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truvelo

As part of my trip to BC last weekend I passed through works where a truss bridge and railroad crossing are being replaced by two new bridges. The location is here. The new bridges are what I call functional rather than anything of architectural value.

This is the sign announcing the work. As it's now mid-September I think a completion in the next couple of months is optimistic as the road between the two new bridges is missing.

This is the western approach showing the new bridge largely complete and taking a smoother line through the curve than the old one.

This is looking the other way showing the bridge to replace the railroad crossing. The new road is on an embankment here. The old truss bridge over the river is in the distance.

This is closer to the truss bridge and the new bridge is on a slight grade to allow the road to rise gently to the new embankment. The section of the current road in the picture will be beneath the embankment when it is built.

Speed limits limit life

Scott5114

Hope they're not going to demo the old bridge. That one looks pretty neat.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Quillz

Is that sign in Clearview? It sure looks like it.

Dr Frankenstein

Quillz

That's what I thought. Based on the "3," it looks like 3-B, while the smaller text might be 2-B.

I only brought it up because it's one of the few signs I've seen that is fully Clearview'd.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.