News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

OK: Spot The Error!

Started by Scott5114, January 26, 2009, 04:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

How the hell were we supposed to know that without delving deep into the archives? SCOTT... :confused: :paranoid:  :banghead:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Scott5114

Well, the question was mainly for the roadgeeks who are from around here/visit here frequently and see the correct signage regularly, so that it would look wrong to them. I wasn't really expecting people from Minnesota to try and guess it! :-P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Tom

Although I don't have the pictures 2 show them, I recall 1 (c.late 1960's or so) of a road sign that was suppose 2 say, "Watch For Slow Trucks," but the r + u were switched around so the word read "Turks."  Another 1 in recent years said, "Traffic Must Yield To Pedestrians," the i + e switched around 2 read "Yeild." :coffee:

mapman

I've seen a "STOP AHAED" sign before (A and E transposed), as well as the same error painted on the pavement.   :ded:

Alps

Speaking of pedestrians...
http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/ri/us_1/trains.jpg - this is in front of a TRAIN station!

bugo

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 30, 2009, 10:02:18 PM
Well, the question was mainly for the roadgeeks who are from around here/visit here frequently and see the correct signage regularly, so that it would look wrong to them. I wasn't really expecting people from Minnesota to try and guess it! :-P

I see meat cleavers almost every day but I've never even noticed the border wasn't supposed to go through the 0.  Shows how closely I pay attention.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.