News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-10 from Houston to Louisiana

Started by lamsalfl, March 20, 2011, 11:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamsalfl

Can someone give me a breakdown of what is six-laned between Baytown and Louisiana?  I know they've been doing a lot of construction work for years in that section.  Also, that pavement is horrible.  Texas knows how to make smooth urban interstates, but the rural ones (I-10, I-20, and I-30) are absolutely horrendous... narrow, bumpy, and loud.  Are there  plans to widen the whole interstate east of Houston to six lanes?

Anthony_JK

From what I saw when I last travelled down I-10, everything from Baytown east to the LA state line (Sabine River Bridge) is supposed to be upgraded to 6 lanes.

Currently, they are finishing the upgrade of I-10 in Jefferson and Orange counties, which includes getting rid of that horrid left exit at TX 12 in Vidor (replacing it with a right-exit direct connection flyover and overpass), as well as completing continuous one-way access roads and converting interchanges from crossroad-over to crossroad-under.

They're also replacing the Trinity River bridge, widening it to a six-lane facility..though it's unknown whether they will extend the six-lane upgrade east to the existing beginning of the six-lane segment at the TX 73 interchange.

Now..ir only Louisiana would man up and finish the widening of their section of I-10 west of Vinton and restripe the Sabine River bridge for six lanes...

Anthony

[Edit: Freudian slip on my part fixed....sorry.  :sombrero: :sombrero:]

rte66man

I want to see the "sex lane" area. TxDOT may have struck gold and a new way to raise funds   :sombrero:
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Grzrd

Quote from: rte66man on March 22, 2011, 10:03:31 AM
I want to see the "sex lane" area. TxDOT may have struck gold and a new way to raise funds   :sombrero:
I bet the toll schedule makes for some very interesting reading, particularly if it is illustrated  :nod:

Anthony_JK

Sorry about that....it has been fixed.

Must have been thinking about the I-69 extension when I typed that...dang keyboard slips.   :pan: :pan: :pan:

Anthony

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.