News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-10 from Houston to Louisiana

Started by lamsalfl, March 20, 2011, 11:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamsalfl

Can someone give me a breakdown of what is six-laned between Baytown and Louisiana?  I know they've been doing a lot of construction work for years in that section.  Also, that pavement is horrible.  Texas knows how to make smooth urban interstates, but the rural ones (I-10, I-20, and I-30) are absolutely horrendous... narrow, bumpy, and loud.  Are there  plans to widen the whole interstate east of Houston to six lanes?

Anthony_JK

From what I saw when I last travelled down I-10, everything from Baytown east to the LA state line (Sabine River Bridge) is supposed to be upgraded to 6 lanes.

Currently, they are finishing the upgrade of I-10 in Jefferson and Orange counties, which includes getting rid of that horrid left exit at TX 12 in Vidor (replacing it with a right-exit direct connection flyover and overpass), as well as completing continuous one-way access roads and converting interchanges from crossroad-over to crossroad-under.

They're also replacing the Trinity River bridge, widening it to a six-lane facility..though it's unknown whether they will extend the six-lane upgrade east to the existing beginning of the six-lane segment at the TX 73 interchange.

Now..ir only Louisiana would man up and finish the widening of their section of I-10 west of Vinton and restripe the Sabine River bridge for six lanes...

Anthony

[Edit: Freudian slip on my part fixed....sorry.  :sombrero: :sombrero:]

rte66man

I want to see the "sex lane" area. TxDOT may have struck gold and a new way to raise funds   :sombrero:
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Grzrd

Quote from: rte66man on March 22, 2011, 10:03:31 AM
I want to see the "sex lane" area. TxDOT may have struck gold and a new way to raise funds   :sombrero:
I bet the toll schedule makes for some very interesting reading, particularly if it is illustrated  :nod:

Anthony_JK

Sorry about that....it has been fixed.

Must have been thinking about the I-69 extension when I typed that...dang keyboard slips.   :pan: :pan: :pan:

Anthony

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.