News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Glaring Map Errors

Started by CapeCodder, February 07, 2018, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

Not mentioned yet:

- Nevada has three capitals, one of which is Carsom City.
- Taos doesn't deserve to be on a map of this size.
- New Hampshire, no P.
- Someone mentioned Connecticut missing, but Rhode Island is also part of Massachusetts.
- Wasington, DC. They spelled the state correctly, why not the city?
- Cincinanti.
- Illinois touches Tennessee.
- Massachusetts touches Maine.
- LITTLE ROCk, last letter lowercase.
- There's a boat on the Mexican mainland.
- Minor error: Saguaro cacti are in southern Arizona and the part of Mexico near Arizona. Not Texas.

They got one thing right that many don't, though: Opposite sides of a die (see Nevada) add up to 7. The faces showing are 3-5-6 and 4-5-6, both of which are possible. MANY images get this wrong, showing what should be opposite faces on adjacent faces.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

renegade

I want to go to Cincinanti and have some chili.   :bigass:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2018, 10:34:05 AM
Not mentioned yet:

- New Hampshire, no P.
- Someone mentioned Connecticut missing, but Rhode Island is also part of Massachusetts.
- Cincinanti.
- Minor error: Saguaro cacti are in southern Arizona and the part of Mexico near Arizona. Not Texas.

They got one thing right that many don't, though: Opposite sides of a die (see Nevada) add up to 7. The faces showing are 3-5-6 and 4-5-6, both of which are possible. MANY images get this wrong, showing what should be opposite faces on adjacent faces.

Also, there's Indianpous and Minneapous...but Annapolis is spelled correctly.

Philadelphia doesn't have a symbol next to it, so it looks like the capital of Pennsylvania is Harrisburg Philadelphia.

Virginia appears to have ceded the Eastern Shore counties to Maryland.

I like the "disputed zone" in Ontario that Michigan appears to be trying to annex.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Bickendan

^You just know that's Matty Maroun making a move in the Detroit Bridge War :meh:

formulanone

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on February 13, 2018, 03:29:13 PM
I like the "disputed zone" in Ontario that Michigan appears to be trying to annex.

That's Sarnia, which is only accessible via wardrobe during halcyon days.

webny99

Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2018, 10:34:05 AM
Not mentioned yet:

- New Hampshire, no P.
- Cincinanti.

I may have mentioned this, but Hartford is excluded altogether, and Boston is where Hartford should be.

GenExpwy

Also the Hawaiian island of "Monokai"

Juneau's name is mixed-case instead of all-caps

andrepoiy

"LOWA", instead of "IOWA"

webny99

Quote from: andrepoiy on February 14, 2018, 07:52:09 PM
"LOWA", instead of "IOWA"

Definitely been mentioned a few times.

Also, basically this entire thread has been consumed by that one map. It's definitely wow worthy, but in fairness to the OP, I'm sure there's many other glaring map errors out there  :meh:

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Also let's not forget that the borders are fucked!

The Boot-heel of Misery, what is that about?!
iPhone
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

WillWeaverRVA

Once again, VDOT's official map has some problems in Richmond...namely the infamous "21th Street", and US 1/301 being on Chamberlayne Parkway (which it isn't)... Also, Duval Street mysteriously ends under the MLK Bridge rather than becoming 13th Street and ending at Marshall, and Franklin Street is shown as continuous between 15th and 17th (it isn't, unless you plow through Main Street Station).

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.