News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Nissan 2021 March Madness commercial

Started by thspfc, March 28, 2021, 03:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qNEeLWDqY&feature=emb_title

Nissan's NCAA Tournament commercial is interesting. It starts with a bunch of guys playing pickup basketball in a city. Somebody shoots a woefully bad layup and the ball goes over the fence. It bounces down a steep street and keeps bouncing all the way to Indianapolis while a guy in a Nissan tries to chase it down. It's obviously fictional, but I think we can figure out where some of the scenes are shot. The initial city looks like San Francisco to me. The scene at 0:30 looks like foothills of Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, or Montana. At 0:37 he drives past a "welcome to Kansas"  sign, but that scene is almost certainly from California because of the desert and mountains. At 0:40 it shows the Indy skyline from a freeway just outside of downtown. It looks to be the morning and the sun is behind and to the right, meaning the camera would be facing north-ish, so could it be I-65 near the south split with I-70? Does that view look familiar to anyone? Right after that is an interchange that looks like I-105 and I-110 in SoCal. Then there's a sign that says "I-70 East - Indianapolis" . That could exist in any number of places, (most likely St. Louis because of the width of the freeway and other details) but it could also be a fictional sign. The commercial ends with the ball bouncing off an overpass with the Indy skyline in the background.

So watch the commercial and see if you can tell exactly where some of the scenes are from.

ilpt4u

Has to be a fictional sign for the I-70 Indianapolis exit. I-70 uses "Illinois" as the EB control in St Louis, and east of the Mississippi, there is no sign like that, nor does the Troy I-55/70/270 interchange look like that

Scott5114

The Kansas sign isn't actually a welcome sign–it looks like it's meant to be a billboard for a "Kansas State Fair and Rodeo" and there's a mention of a "Route 136", which would mean that the state fair rodeo is in Troy, KS (the only town on K-136), which is in Doniphan County. In real life, the Kansas State Fair is in Hutchinson, which is nowhere near K-136. US-136 enters Nebraska and Missouri, but not Kansas.

The Indianapolis sign isn't laid out like any US sign I've ever seen. At least they used a
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.