NE Wisconsin Sping Gathering?

Started by mgk920, February 25, 2012, 10:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk920

Might there be any interest in a possible northeastern Wisconsin meet, perhaps for some time in either May or June?  With the current major upgrade projects on US 41 in the Oshkosh and Green Bay areas, US 45 NW of Oshkosh and so forth, I'm thinking that that would be a good time to take that all in.

Any thoughts?

:hmmm:

Mike

SSOWorld

I'd definitely be up for such a gathering.  It also would be the perfect time because of the amount of daylight.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

bulldog1979

It's possible that I'm moving back to the Upper Peninsula, so if scheduling, finances and the like allow, Green Bay is only 3.5-4 hours from my hometown, and an easy morning drive.

hbelkins

Depending on my schedule, I'd be interested. New counties!

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

A.J. Bertin

I would be interested in such a meet, but there are already lots of meets planned for the spring. Right now I'm pretty sure I'm going to all three of the following meets:

Joliet on 4/21
Memphis on 4/28
Dayton on 5/19

If this meet were scheduled for sometime in May or June, I would likely not be going. However, if it's decided that this meet might be scheduled later in the year (perhaps fall), I'd be much more likely to go.
-A.J. from Michigan

mgk920

I was thinking of either late May (19/20) or early June (2/3).  Seeing as there is a meet scheduled in Dayton, OH on the 19th and the following weekend includes Memorial Day, how does Sat/Sun 02 and 03-June sound?  Meet in downtown Appleton, WI about 11ish on Saturday for food and then go driving in the Appleton, Oshkosh and Green Bay areas until evening, then food/adult beverage at a very nice brewpub in Appleton.  On Sunday, perhaps drive farther, exploring US 10 and WI 29 between US 41 and I-39, the recently upgraded WI 57 into Door County, the recently upgraded US 41 and 141 corridors north of Green Bay, etc.

Note, there is a major annual civic parade that will make gathering in central Appleton difficult on Saturday, 09-June, although the following weekend is a possibility if the 2nd won't work.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.