Cannabis dispensaries named after roads

Started by bugo, December 30, 2018, 11:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skluth

The Leaf El Paseo on El Paseo recently opened in downtown Palm Desert, which is the Coachella Valley's version of Rodeo Drive. Its neighbors include Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Tiffany, Tesla, and Louis Vuitton. It's no longer just in the strip malls and light industrial districts.

There is also a dispensary called "Church on Mission" on Mission Blvd in Riverside. Never been there.

On a more humorous note, Palm Springs has Organic Solutions of the Desert, Desert Organic Solutions, and PSA Organica. It reminds me of all the Monty Python "People's Front of Judea" variations in Life of Brian.

jakeroot

In Puyallup, WA, there's "112th St Cannabis". It's a popular joint.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: jakeroot on May 06, 2019, 12:42:42 AM

I see what you did there. :)

hbelkins

On my recent trip to San Francisco, my brother and I did one of those "hop on, hop off" bus tours. One side of our bus was a big ad for an app called "Weedmaps," with the slogan "Find the good stuff."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jakeroot

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on May 06, 2019, 11:33:46 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on May 06, 2019, 12:42:42 AM

I see what you did there. :)

I swear that was unintentional.

Quote from: hbelkins on May 06, 2019, 02:36:40 PM
On my recent trip to San Francisco, my brother and I did one of those "hop on, hop off" bus tours. One side of our bus was a big ad for an app called "Weedmaps," with the slogan "Find the good stuff."

I've heard from my Lyft passengers that those apps are quite helpful.

skluth

Quote from: jakeroot on May 06, 2019, 06:14:01 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on May 06, 2019, 02:36:40 PM

I've heard from my Lyft passengers that those apps are quite helpful.

Weedmaps doesn't discriminate between legal and illegal dispensaries (i.e., whether or not they have a state license and pay taxes). It's a whack-a-mole problem in Riverside County; they close down one and another quickly opens. Most dispensaries do list their "menu" in Weedmaps, so you can get a general idea on their stock and prices. Like many internet things, the app has its good and bad points.

renegade

7 Mile Dank on W. Seven Mile Rd in Detroit!   :spin:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

bugo

Weedmaps is useful, but it could be a whole lot better. They charge dispensaries to update their menus, which means a lot of menus aren't updated as often as they should. Many of the reviews are fake and dispensaries can pay to remove negative reviews.

bugo

Quote from: hbelkins on December 31, 2018, 03:37:55 PM
If this is supposed to be medicine, why do there need to be dispensaries separate from pharmacies? Seems to me that if a doctor's prescription is required, the appropriate place to get that prescription filled would be the place where you get all other prescriptions filled.

Because of folks like you who kept it illegal for 80 years and who have lied and lied and made things up and lied some more. That is why it gets special treatment. If the fascists had never banned it then it would be available in grocery stores and pharmacies today. If you piss on something for 80 years when you pick it up it isn't going to be dry. Look at yourself if you want to know the reason cannabis is treated differently from other medications.

And make no mistake, cannabis is a medicine. Without it I wouldn't have been able to have kept a job as long as I have. It allows me to be a productive member of society. What's wrong with that? There's nothing more American than smoking cannabis.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.