News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Metroplex Oddities

Started by ethanhopkin14, July 28, 2020, 06:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoadsByArco

one thing I've always wondered is why Randol Mill Rd is listed as an exit along with Oakland Blvd in this picture, despite the fact that Randol Mill only crosses the freeway a few miles east of it, with no interchange what so ever. This was corrected in the future re-signing of that area:

RoadsByArco

also... what is the purpose of TxDOT adding the cardinal direction to Lancaster Ave. in the sign update? They seem to be very inconsistent with it as I only see it on a few signs such as S. Wayside Dr in Houston.

motorola870

Quote from: RoadsByArco on May 31, 2023, 06:25:46 PM
also... what is the purpose of TxDOT adding the cardinal direction to Lancaster Ave. in the sign update? They seem to be very inconsistent with it as I only see it on a few signs such as S. Wayside Dr in Houston.
Because Lancaster in downtown Fort Worth is broken down into to distinct sections with connecting lanes that go under I30/I35W. Also east lancaster is TX180 while west lancaster is city maintained.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.