News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

My recent road trip to Madison, WI (2/4)

Started by boilerup25, February 04, 2024, 11:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boilerup25

I went to Madison, WI to watch a basketball game between the Wisconsin Badgers and my Purdue Boilermakers. The route was as follows:

From West Lafayette to Madison: I-65 NB, I-80/I-94 WB, I-294 NB, I-90 WB, US 12/US 18 WB, US 151

From Madison to West Lafayette: Same route in reverse.

What I got out of this trip was not just a Purdue victory, but seeing more construction progress at I-490 in the western part of O'Hare.

Some trip photos:

Square US shield in Madison:

I-490/I-90 interchange construction:

I-90 WB to I-490 SB:

I-490 bridge:

Sign for I-490 SB from I-90 EB reversed until the road is open (excuse the poor quality):

Transcribed: TOLL SOUTH I-490 <-

Covered BGS for I-490 SB from I-90 EB:

Konza

Nice win for our Boilermakers.

There are lots of creative ways to travel between West Lafayette and Madison, and lots of great places to stop along the way.  Personally I am disinclined to come back the same way I went out.  Glad you got to make the trip.

Please continue to Boiler the eff Up!
Main Line Interstates clinched:  2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 37, 39, 43, 44, 45, 55, 57, 59, 65, 68, 71, 72, 74 (IA-IL-IN-OH), 76 (OH-PA-NJ), 78, 80, 82, 86 (ID), 88 (IL)

boilerup25

Quote from: Konza on February 04, 2024, 11:56:38 PM
Nice win for our Boilermakers.

There are lots of creative ways to travel between West Lafayette and Madison, and lots of great places to stop along the way.  Personally I am disinclined to come back the same way I went out.  Glad you got to make the trip.

Please continue to Boiler the eff Up!

Thank you! It was a rough and ugly game at times, but our Boilers pulled through. I was also glad to see the I-490 construction with my own eyes, especially an interesting find with my first I-490 road sign sighting in Illinois.

While the Interstate route was the fastest as I was in a charter bus for this with the Purdue student section, I found some of the creative routes you mentioned as well as great stops. For the interstate route, Chicago would seem obvious, but that would push it a little much. Elgin, Rockford, and Janesville definitely seem doable. And so does the Albanese factory. And for the creative routes, there are so many to count.

mgk920

I still miss the now prohibited in the MUTCD  "(Direction) Tollway" text on the BGSes on the ISTHA system . . .

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.