News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I Just Did It...

Started by Henry, May 28, 2019, 09:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

...bought a new car on Memorial Day, that is! I finally gave up my 21-year old Tahoe for a new Equinox, because I figured, why keep the big gas guzzler around? And I certainly don't need the large room nor the high step-up space anymore, now that my daughter is a college graduate living on her own. Hopefully, my new car will serve me well in my travels like the old one did.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

kevinb1994

Quote from: Henry on May 28, 2019, 09:40:42 AM
...bought a new car on Memorial Day, that is! I finally gave up my 21-year old Tahoe for a new Equinox, because I figured, why keep the big gas guzzler around? And I certainly don't need the large room nor the high step-up space anymore, now that my daughter is a college graduate living on her own. Hopefully, my new car will serve me well in my travels like the old one did.

Congrats on the new CUV/SUV purchase! Chevys can last a long time if taken care of properly.

thspfc

My mom always is confused by people who owned Tahoes because she couldn't understand why you would want a car that goes through so much gas.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: thspfc on May 28, 2019, 05:31:19 PM
My mom always is confused by people who owned Tahoes because she couldn't understand why you would want a car that goes through so much gas.

I went to high school with a lot of ultra-wealthy peers. One girl got a Tahoe as her first car purely because her parents thought the Tahoe would win in an accident.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

webny99

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 29, 2019, 01:50:31 AM
Quote from: thspfc on May 28, 2019, 05:31:19 PM
I went to high school with a lot of ultra-wealthy peers. One girl got a Tahoe as her first car purely because her parents thought the Tahoe would win in an accident.

You can also have the left lane to yourself because everyone thinks you're a cop.  :D

thspfc

Quote from: LM117 on May 29, 2019, 08:26:37 AM
When I first read the thread title, I was going to congratulate you on losing your virginity, but then I read the OP. :-D
Not funny, at all . . .

LM117

Quote from: thspfc on May 29, 2019, 05:28:52 PM
When I first read the thread title, I was going to congratulate you on losing your virginity, but then I read the OP. :-D
Not funny, at all . . .

That's what I get for posting while half-asleep. :banghead:

My apologies, OP.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Rothman

Quote from: LM117 on May 29, 2019, 06:52:24 PM
Not funny, at all . . .

That's what I get for posting while half-asleep. :banghead:

My apologies, OP.
The objector isn't the OP.

Have to say I smirked.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

MNHighwayMan

Not funny, at all . . .

Woof, lighten up a little.

Henry

Just to clarify, I've been happily married for 27 years, and thanks to those who congratulated me on my new purchase.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Henry on May 30, 2019, 10:13:19 AM
Just to clarify, I've been happily married for 27 years

So doing it is quite an accomplishment then! :bigass:

webny99

Quote from: Rothman on May 30, 2019, 12:36:16 AM
Quote from: LM117 on May 29, 2019, 06:52:24 PM
My apologies, OP.
The objector isn't the OP.
Have to say I smirked.

Yeah, I was amused too. I didn't think there was a need to apologize.

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on May 30, 2019, 10:17:02 AM
Quote from: Henry on May 30, 2019, 10:13:19 AM
Just to clarify, I've been happily married for 27 years
So doing it is quite an accomplishment then!

:-D

hbelkins

I have to request the boss' work vehicle when I need to drive somewhere for the job, and until last year he had an Equinox assigned to him. I really liked it. Someone else is driving it now; the new vehicle I use is a Jeep Cherokee. I think I liked the Equinox better.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.