News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

Max Rockatansky

Between all the running I do and other stuff I spend about two hours on average outside everyday. 

Amaury

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 11:46:54 AMI said I sometimes go back and delete old posts that I felt were overly outrageous or nonsense, since this is the only social media I have, I want my collection of posts to be a golden standard if you know what I mean. Don't want a few irrational ones to taint my exemplary record on this forum.

So that means all your posts should be deleted? Sounds good. And exemplary record? Ha!
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 06:39:24 PM
In fact, here's my personal suggestion for post count tags:

0 = Parking Lot
1-9 = Dirt Road
10-99 = Unpaved Road
100-249=2 Lane undivided Road
250-499= 4 lane county Road
500-999=6 lane county Road
1000-1499= State Route
1500-1999 = US Route
2000-2499 = Cross Country US Route
2500-2999 = Interstate
3000-4999= Cross Country Interstate
5000-9999= Interstate 80
10,000+ = German Autobahn
Where are there 6 lane county roads (serious question)?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 05, 2023, 06:59:19 PM
Here is my suggestion:

-  Remove post counts
I like looking at people's post counts. I like that kind of stuff. I'm strange and a nerd but whatever.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Molandfreak

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 11:46:54 AM
I said I sometimes go back and delete old posts that I felt were overly outrageous or nonsense, since this is the only social media I have, I want my collection of posts to be a golden standard if you know what I mean. Don't want a few irrational ones to taint my exemplary record on this forum.
Maybe think about either having someone proofread before you post or setting a hard limit of one post per day to make them count.

How you've managed to stick around here after ragequitting Facebook because of hostility is honestly impressive. But it probably won't last since you don't even seem to acknowledge good-faith criticism of your posts and put in an effort to improve or expand your world beyond fictional highways. Hint: users here appreciate a nice trip report or question based on real-world events more than mostly recycled content in the fictional forum.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Molandfreak on March 05, 2023, 07:40:32 PM
I said I sometimes go back and delete old posts that I felt were overly outrageous or nonsense, since this is the only social media I have, I want my collection of posts to be a golden standard if you know what I mean. Don't want a few irrational ones to taint my exemplary record on this forum.
Maybe think about either having someone proofread before you post or setting a hard limit of one post per day to make them count.

How you’ve managed to stick around here after ragequitting Facebook because of hostility is honestly impressive. But it probably won’t last since you don’t even seem to acknowledge good-faith criticism of your posts and put in an effort to improve or expand your world beyond fictional highways. Hint: users here appreciate a nice trip report or question based on real-world events more than mostly recycled content in the fictional forum.
Limit of one post per day? Many users on this forum, including most of the regular posters, post more than once a day on most or all days. I don't like having hard limits- 30 good posts per day is better than 10 crappy posts per day. 

thspfc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 05, 2023, 07:21:55 PM
Between all the running I do and other stuff I spend about two hours on average outside everyday.
That was a joke. If I was being serious I'd be throwing rocks from a glass house. At my per-day pace, I'd be at 10k if I registered in 2012, which is probably later than the registration date of most users who are over 10k.

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Ah, but you're hitting on my point.  There is a preconception for 10k plus users, just another reason to throw it the wayside.

How you've managed to stick around here after ragequitting Facebook because of hostility is honestly impressive. But it probably won't last since you don't even seem to acknowledge good-faith criticism of your posts and put in an effort to improve or expand your world beyond fictional highways. Hint: users here appreciate a nice trip report or question based on real-world events more than mostly recycled content in the fictional forum.

MMM isn't here to learn, he's here to tell us how he thinks the world is.  Failing to learn and getting kicked out for odd/extreme views on other sites like YouTube seems on brand to me.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Wikipedia, with minor modificationsExpulsion is the most serious form of disciplinary action that can be taken against a Member of AARoads Forum. The Forum Guidelines provide that "The Community may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

Censure, a less severe form of disciplinary action, is an official sanction of a member. It does not remove a member from the forum.

Should we start an official and binding vote?
Clinched, plus NH 38, MA 286, and MA 193

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
Many state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25

New: MA 193 clinched and a tiny bit of CT 193 traveled

My computer is currently under repair. This means I can't update Travel Mapping and have limited ability for the image threads.

gonealookin

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 07:28:35 PM

I was just on vacation in Naples, Florida and there are a lot of them there, and they are very well signed, although I think more commonly referred to by name ("Immokalee Road", "Pine Ridge Road", etc.).

Molandfreak

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 07:43:34 PM

Limit of one post per day? Many users on this forum, including most of the regular posters, post more than once a day on most or all days. I don't like having hard limits- 30 good posts per day is better than 10 crappy posts per day.
That was a suggestion based on how I think MMM could improve as a poster. They have the drive to do some good things here, but lack restraint. It wouldn't be enforced by anyone other than MMM either.

But honestly, maybe a hard limit of one post in the fictional forum per day would do us some good. And cut back on all the needless hostility from folks who can't be bothered to read a little bit of context from the posts there before posting "your idea is stupid and you're a disgrace to humanity for thinking it."
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: thspfc on March 05, 2023, 07:45:15 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 05, 2023, 07:21:55 PM
That was a joke. If I was being serious I'd be throwing rocks from a glass house. At my per-day pace, I'd be at 10k if I registered in 2012, which is probably later than the registration date of most users who are over 10k.
Lets find that out for sure just for fun.

Users with over 10000 posts who joined 2012 or later

Max R: 2016
Jakeroot: 2013
Roadgeekteen (myself): 2017
1: 2013
Webny99: 2017 (the user with over 10000 posts who joined the forum the most recent)
So out of the 21 users with over 10000 posts, just under a quarter of them joined in 2012 or later.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 05, 2023, 07:47:28 PM
^^^

Ah, but you're hitting on my point.  There is a preconception for 10k plus users, just another reason to throw it the wayside.

MMM isn't here to learn, he's here to tell us how he thinks the world is.  Failing to learn and getting kicked out for odd/extreme views on other sites like YouTube seems on brand to me.
Max, if you don't want to see post counts, just don't pay any attention to them. They don't come up when we are talking about most things. This topic is just so absurd that tons of random things keep coming up.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Molandfreak on March 05, 2023, 07:51:46 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 07:43:34 PM

That was a suggestion based on how I think MMM could improve as a poster. They have the drive to do some good things here, but lack restraint. It wouldn't be enforced by anyone other than MMM either.

But honestly, maybe a hard limit of one post in the fictional forum per day would do us some good. And cut back on all the needless hostility from folks who can't be bothered to read a little bit of context from the posts there before posting "your idea is stupid and you're a disgrace to humanity for thinking it."
One post per user per day on the ficitonal forum would make it a nightmare to actually discuss serious fictional highway content.

Max Rockatansky

You're just as guilty in terms of making post counts a problem.  One of the first issues that I can even recall with post counts originated with you. 

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 05, 2023, 07:54:42 PM
You’re just as guilty in terms of making post counts a problem.  One of the first issues that I can even recall with post counts originated with you.
Now I'll go back and tell you all the stupid things you probably would have done if forums existed in the mid 1990s when you were 13. That was so long ago, and I don't do that stuff anymore. Also, can I get a quick reminder of all the problematic stuff I did with post counts? That was so long ago that I forget and I don't really feel like shifting through my garbage from 2017.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 07:56:07 PM
if forums existed in the mid 1990s

You do know Usenet was a thing, right?

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
Many state routes

My computer is currently under repair. This means I can't update Travel Mapping and have limited ability for the image threads.

MultiMillionMiler

I never posted extreme views on YouTube, but after I was blocked and I created a fake account to get around that, I made sure to fully let loose then. I even taunted videos from the "Youtube" channel by posting extreme comments there and bragging about how they couldn't ban me and that I have 50+ Gmail accounts..etc, haven't had an issue accessing YouTube since. Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter all support child abuse and have some of the scumiest people on earth. They all deserved to be sued, shutdown, and have the neighborhoods where the CEOs lived paved over with new interstate highways that are missing from the grid. In fact, on one youtube video supporting climate change protests blocking traffic, I posted a link to a short video I uploaded on a fake account channel, of me revving my car engine for a while, while stationary.

6 lane local roads do exist in Long Island for example.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: 1 on March 05, 2023, 07:56:52 PM
if forums existed in the mid 1990s

You do know Usenet was a thing, right?
Ah, I just remembered that. But they were not as widely avaible and easy for middle schoolers to access back then- I believe that you had to have some level of computer knowledge.

MultiMillionMiler

You're just as guilty in terms of making post counts a problem.  One of the first issues that I can even recall with post counts originated with you.

Why are you so obsessed with my post count, and why are other users so interested in how many pages this thread had or whether a post is on page 76 or 77?

Amaury

I'm pretty sure you started it because you kept boasting/bragging about your post count.
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

hotdogPi

@MultiMillionMiler @Scott5114 @everyone I rolled a 7 for initiative.

Getting MMM's HP to 0 might be the only way to end this thread without a lock (a lock would be counterproductive).

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
Many state routes

Max Rockatansky

Now I'll go back and tell you all the stupid things you probably would have done if forums existed in the mid 1990s when you were 13. That was so long ago, and I don't do that stuff anymore. Also, can I get a quick reminder of all the problematic stuff I did with post counts? That was so long ago that I forget and I don't really feel like shifting through my garbage from 2017.

If you don't like being critiqued on your past then you probably ought not try to give me needless advice. 

BTW, bulletin boards did exist on Prodigy Online well back even 1990.  You know what they didn't have?...post counts.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 07:59:30 PM

Why are you so obsessed with my post count, and why are other users so interested in how many pages this thread had or whether a post is on page 76 or 77?
If your post count kept going up like a normal user nobody would care. Your post count keeps going up and down wildly and you keep deleting tons of posts, which is not normal.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 08:02:21 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 07:59:30 PM

If your post count kept going up like a normal user nobody would care. Your post count keeps going up and down wildly and you keep deleting tons of posts, which is not normal.

Citation needed.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 07:28:35 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 06:39:24 PM
In fact, here's my personal suggestion for post count tags:

0 = Parking Lot
1-9 = Dirt Road
10-99 = Unpaved Road
100-249=2 Lane undivided Road
250-499= 4 lane county Road
500-999=6 lane county Road
1000-1499= State Route
1500-1999 = US Route
2000-2499 = Cross Country US Route
2500-2999 = Interstate
3000-4999= Cross Country Interstate
5000-9999= Interstate 80
10,000+ = German Autobahn

While they're short stretches, CR 534 in Deptford NJ is 5 lanes, and CR 563 (Tilton Rd) on Northfield, NJ is 7 lanes:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fpAB77SGHT4DoeF28

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.