April 1 news: 'Scotland to switch to driving on the right if independence given'

Started by Kniwt, March 31, 2014, 08:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kniwt

The Guardian stars the annual parade of British April 1 "news" stories:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/01/scotland-driving-on-right-independence-road-scheme

QuoteScottish nationalist leaders will attempt this week to give the trailing yes campaign a boost by revealing a series of measures aimed at showing what an independent country would look like.

Seeking to capitalise on the arguments this week about "bullying" England and keeping the pound, they will unveil an ambitious scheme to scrap the current — English inspired — road signage system. M for motorway will be replaced with a new S — for Scotland and the A trunk roads will become N roads — for Nationalist in honour of the new country. Blue will be the predominant backing colour.

OracleUsr

That would be quite...interesting...but I guess it could go like I-85 in Davidson County, where the lanes cross over there, too. 
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

english si

shame we don't see the new font* 'Proclaimer', but I guess it will only appear on mileage signs with 500 miles on them.

B roads should have been renamed P roads, so it goes S-N-P

(jokes plagiarised off of SABRE)

*though they use the current fonts perfectly in the mock ups.

MrDisco99

So even more frivolous spending which would result from independence.  It's like they're trying to lose.

Ireland seems to be doing just fine driving on the left side of their M-signed motorways.

Brandon

Quote from: MrDisco99 on April 04, 2014, 10:34:28 AM
So even more frivolous spending which would result from independence.  It's like they're trying to lose.

Ireland seems to be doing just fine driving on the left side of their M-signed motorways.

You Have Been April Fooled (YHBAF'd).  Check the date of the news article.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.