News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

road meets in kentucky ohio and west virginia 2014

Started by ronaldlee11, December 25, 2013, 10:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldlee11

Could anyone tell me if they are planning any meets for any of the 3 states that I mentioned above?

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

froggie

hbelkins

Kentucky: I might do something in Lexington, if construction on the widening of the northwestern portion of New Circle Road (KY 4) and the construction of a diverging diamond at the Leestown interchange (US 421) gets underway in 2014. I might also do something in Louisville that would focus on the Ohio River bridges currently under construction. Less likely, but possible, is a driving tour of western Kentucky once work begins on the new Kentucky Lake bridge for US 68/KY 80. There's also a design-build project in the works to add two lanes to the Cadiz bypass so that would be an added attraction).

West Virginia: I have no plans to do a meet in West Virginia this year, as I know of nothing that would be meet-worthy. (I highly doubt I could get a crowd to Logan to go see the WV 10 construction, and that's the only major project I know of that would be close enough for me to center a meet on.)

Ohio: If there is an Ohio meet this year, I may not find out about it unless it's announced here. For some unknown reason, I can no longer see certain posts on Facebook, and the individual who has done Ohio meets recently has not been active here on AA Roads in months.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

Addendum: I'm certainly open to doing something elsewhere in Kentucky or in the western third of West Virginia (along and west of the I-77 corridor) if anyone has any suggestions.

ronaldlee11

Portsmouth ohio ashland ky charleston huntington

Alps

Quote from: ronaldlee11 on December 27, 2013, 05:15:42 PM
yes we have had meets There
random capitalization

hbelkins

Quote from: ronaldlee11 on December 27, 2013, 05:15:42 PM

I can't think of anything in Portsmouth that could be the focus of a meet, at least not until the bypass gets under construction. And that's a bit away.

I think we covered about all that's meet-worthy in Ashland and Huntington last spring. I know that widening on I-64 between WV 10 and US 60 has started, but I don't think that one project would justify another meet in the area.

I did a Charleston-area meet a few years ago. We looked at the second I-64 bridge over the Kanawha River at South Charleston, which at the time was under construction, and the US 35 four-lane, which opened to traffic just a couple of days after the meet. I don't know of any projects in Charleston right now that would be suitable for a meet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.