News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Phase III of the TriEx - 5k and Bike Ride - December 2, 2012

Started by CanesFan27, October 14, 2012, 08:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanesFan27

After completing a sprint triathlon today this is much easier!

Another 5k on the soon to be opened Phase III of the Triangle Expressway will occur on Sunday, December 2nd from 1-4.

The bike ride is new for this phase. 

I'm planning on running the 5k, I may try to do both but we have plans later that afternoon.

http://www.triangleexpresswaytrot.com/

Alps

Just drove the TriEx, let's see if they bill me :P Next segment looks very close from the parts I saw.

froggie

Given that I'm theoretically back by then, I'd like to do the bike ride part.  Will need to coordinate with Mr. Prince (and perhaps the LeBlancs?).  Maybe I can convince them all to do the bike ride.

CanesFan27

Set a new PR at the 5k.  Froggie did make it down for the bike ride -as did Brian LeBlanc and Chris Allen.  Ran into Jimmy Storey, who did the 5k.  We had prior commitments that afternoon and couldn't ride our bikes. The race began at the Old US 1 (S. Salem St.) exit.  Leaving the race, we were able to drive the TriEx for free from Old US 1 to the next exit (US 64) a distance of about 2-3 miles.

A few signs need to be put in place and a couple of other odds and ends, but the road will be ready for traffic come January 2nd.

(Didn't take any pictures - though I believe Froggie and may be some of the others did).

froggie

I took a few, but not sure how they turned out because my camera started fritzing out that morning.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.