News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

OR 22 to get interchange with OR 51

Started by Bickendan, February 11, 2024, 12:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CovalenceSTU

More information: archive link | ODOT project page | project graphic below:

I'm assuming the 8ft sidewalk is the current "multiuse path"? I haven't been down there but roads like the original design (4+ lane undivided highways with driveways and unprotected cross traffic) are terrible and it's good to see plans to fix another one.

xonhulu

Quote from: CovalenceSTU on February 12, 2024, 04:05:06 PM
I'm assuming the 8ft sidewalk is the current "multiuse path"?

I'd guess yes.

That path has also seen better days.  It has become a very uneven tread in a lot of places, and there's quite a bit of untended brush growing out into it, at least the last time I rode along it.  It's a smoother ride on 22's shoulder, and I see plenty of cyclists opting for that.  The trade-off is the thrill of 60+ mph traffic whizzing by a few feet away; but fortunately for them, the shoulder is generously wide through there.

QuoteI haven't been down there but roads like the original design (4+ lane undivided highways with driveways and unprotected cross traffic) are terrible and it's good to see plans to fix another one.

It was probably never a good design for that area, even when there were just a few rural homes, but its shortcomings got increasingly exposed once businesses began springing up along the way.  Now you definitely need to concentrate when you drive through there.   Way overdue for a fix.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.