News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Decommission of Arkansas State Highway 100 (North Little Rock)

Started by TBKS1, March 31, 2020, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBKS1

Hello.

It appears as if AR-100 in North Little Rock has been decommissioned. I was in that area earlier today and saw that all of the reassurance signs for the highway have been removed, including the one at the roundabout at the end of Pike Avenue in North Little Rock (Highway 365). Does anybody have any information on this by chance?

Thank you, TBKS1.

NOTE: This is not Highway 100 in Maumelle, that one is still signed. This is a different state highway with the same number.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US71

IIRC, it was a short highway that really didn't go anywhere
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TBKS1

Quote from: NE2 on April 01, 2020, 09:20:46 AM
https://www.arkansashighways.com/Maps/Counties/County%20RAS/RAS%20Maps%20PDF/mpula_minset_ras.pdf

There's no date on this, it surely must have come out recently.

Quote from: US71 on April 01, 2020, 09:24:18 PM

Yeah it pretty much was, although there are some other short highways that don't go anywhere that are still signed. That one still gets a pretty good AADT but I was just curious about why it was decommissioned is all.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

US71

Quote from: TBKS1 on April 02, 2020, 12:50:16 AM
Quote from: NE2 on April 01, 2020, 09:20:46 AM
https://www.arkansashighways.com/Maps/Counties/County%20RAS/RAS%20Maps%20PDF/mpula_minset_ras.pdf

There's no date on this, it surely must have come out recently.

Quote from: US71 on April 01, 2020, 09:24:18 PM

Yeah it pretty much was, although there are some other short highways that don't go anywhere that are still signed. That one still gets a pretty good AADT but I was just curious about why it was decommissioned is all.

ARDOT has been trying cut back on the number of highways they maintain to save money. Of course, they still have plenty of state-maintained factory driveways.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.