News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Atlantic Coast Bicycle Route?

Started by Sean Lawson, August 30, 2016, 05:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Lawson

Hi everyone, I'm planning next summer make my first trip along the Atlantic coast route, currently I'm living for a few months in BWI, and want to start the trip from ST. Augustine. I've heard that this is one of the most outstanding routes to discover marine wildlife, big trees, big waves and beautiful beaches.

I'm going to stay at a family acquaintance house, and then get together with some friends to start the trip, we had made some other trips but none like this one, so I'm asking for some advises if someone has taken this route before. Obviously, I'm not going on my bicycle to FLa, from here we are taking a car service baltimore to take us to the airport, but getting there I'm not sure how to move around the city with my two-wheeled companion. Any suggestions?

This is what we are planning to roll, we have almost a year to make it real, but first, we want to collect all the information we can about safety and places to stay on our way. Also, if somebody knows an easy and cheapper way to get we will appreciate your advice.

formulanone

From (driving) experience, most of US 1 in Florida has been improved with dedicated bike lanes over the past 20 years or so.

While Florida A1A is arguably more scenic, is does not have full bike paths along the route, since there's a few places where the road is rather narrow; however, much of the various segments of A1A have lower speed limits, and you'll have to double-back several times to US 1 at inlets and such.

NE2

Quote from: Sean Lawson on August 30, 2016, 05:33:23 PM
from here we are taking a car service baltimore to take us to the airport
Looks like a very clever spambot?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.