News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Truss bridge in John Mellencamp's "Small Town" video

Started by Roadgeek Adam, March 02, 2010, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeek Adam

I've been having a hard time placing this bridge. Its visible at 3:35 on the video from John Mellencamp (on his VEVO page) of the song "Small Town" - I know its in Bloomington, Indiana, but I don't know where. Could someone fill me in?
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

allniter89

Great music & video!! Did you know they shot some of the video near Seymour,IN. I recognized the I 65 exit 50 area, the TA Truckstop and probably most of the 18 wheelers moviing in the video. But I havent been around there enough to recognize the bridge?
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Roadgeek Adam

Yes I have, that's where Mellencamp was born. I am looking more at Bloomington though
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

johndarner

The truss bridge is actually on Highway 11 on north side of Seymour near Mellencamp's parents house. The Bloomington sign was "borrowed" and placed there for the video shoot. The bridge crosses the White river.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.