News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NFL Playoffs 2012

Started by Roadmaestro95, January 06, 2012, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadmaestro95

Picks for wild card weekend
Giants 27 Falcons 20
Lions 38 Saints 35
Steelers 42 Broncos 14
Bengals 26 Texans 21
GO BIG BLUE
Hope everyone is safe!

Takumi

Well, you got the Giants right. Steelers/Broncos and Lions/Saints were great games.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadmaestro95

Luckily I got the Giants right...can't wait until Green Bay!
Hope everyone is safe!

Alex

Steelers were not themselves, was watching a broken version of them last night. Saints and Lions was a game until the 2nd half, then New Orleans ran away with it. Only caught the last quarter of the Giants and Falcons game, but by then it was clear it was over. The Bengals were the Bungals of what I saw in their game with the Texans. Am definitely looking forward to the NFC match ups this weekend.

SSOWorld

Steelers may not have been themselves but that's no excuse for losing the game.  They challenged Tebow to throw long and guess what he did.

Tebow's accuracy still has yet to be desired and that will hurt him against the cheatriots.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Roadmaestro95

But I believe the Pats will come away with the victory. The rest of the games...it's pretty hard to tell who could win the upcoming games. They will be close and I hope they will be right...(teeth grinder)
Giants 31 Packers 28
Yea I'm picking my own team but not because I'm a die-hard fan. It's because the Giants are much better prepared in this match-up than back in Week 13 and the Pack are coming off of a bye. This Giants squad has shown a lot of resiliency and it has been showing these last three games.
49ers 42 Saints 31
The outdoors will be a huge factor and will hurt Brees and the Saints and will make them vulnerable...especially out in San Francisco
Texans 29 Ravens 21
My upset of this round (Sort of). I believe that this team is hungry to win another game and they will win it with their young defense and the rookie Yates. This will be a game.
Patriots 45 Broncos 21
There is no way in hell that Tebow and the Broncos are going to beat Brady and the Pats IN FOXBORO. Brady, Gronkowski, and Welker are going to be the demise of the Broncos.
Hope everyone is safe!

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 09, 2012, 03:22:25 PM
Giants 31 Packers 28
Yea I'm picking my own team but not because I'm a die-hard fan. It's because the Giants are much better prepared in this match-up than back in Week 13 and the Pack are coming off of a bye. This Giants squad has shown a lot of resiliency and it has been showing these last three games.

I will predict the opposite outcome.
Green Bay is well rested and healthier than at any time in weeks.  The Packers shitty defense will keep the Giants in the game but Eli will have to be absolutely flawless if he hopes to keep pace with the Pack.
The NFL will get their crowd-pleasing Brees vs. Rodgers NFC championship game as Drew is still firing on all cylinders.

As far as the AFC goes, I don't see the Patriots losing until Indy.  So the Ravens & Texans are playing for second place in the AFC.

I'm a Cheesehead and I want our team to face the best this time around.  If we have to take down Eli, Drew & Tommy Boy to repeat, then that will only make it sweeter.  And if we lose, it will suck slightly less to lose to Brees or Brady instead Alex Smith or Joe Flacco.  Hell our backup is going to a better QB than those last two somewhere.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 09, 2012, 04:57:32 PM
Giants 31 Packers 28

Green Bay is well rested and healthier than at any time in weeks.  The Packers shitty defense will keep the Giants in the game but Eli will have to be absolutely flawless if he hopes to keep pace with the Pack.
The NFL will get their crowd-pleasing Brees vs. Rodgers NFC championship game as Drew is still firing on all cylinders.

As far as the AFC goes, I don't see the Patriots losing until Indy.  So the Ravens & Texans are playing for second place in the AFC.

I'm a Cheesehead and I want our team to face the best this time around.  If we have to take down Eli, Drew & Tommy Boy to repeat, then that will only make it sweeter.  And if we lose, it will suck slightly less to lose to Brees or Brady instead Alex Smith or Joe Flacco.  Hell our backup is going to a better QB than those last two somewhere.

I was shocked about how well Flynn played against the Lions...he is going to be something if he can emerge from Green Bay
Hope everyone is safe!

PAHighways

Quote from: Alex on January 09, 2012, 11:03:51 AMSteelers were not themselves, was watching a broken version of them last night.

If half of the team could have been on the DL before the game, it would be up to three-quarters of the team today.

Beltway

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 09, 2012, 04:57:32 PM
Giants 31 Packers 28

Green Bay is well rested and healthier than at any time in weeks.  The Packers shitty defense will keep the Giants in the game but Eli will have to be absolutely flawless if he hopes to keep pace with the Pack.

As far as the AFC goes, I don't see the Patriots losing until Indy.  So the Ravens & Texans are playing for second place in the AFC.

I'm a Cheesehead and I want our team to face the best this time around.  If we have to take down Eli, Drew & Tommy Boy to repeat, then that will only make it sweeter.  And if we lose, it will suck slightly less to lose to Brees or Brady instead Alex Smith or Joe Flacco.  Hell our backup is going to a better QB than those last two somewhere.

Let's not forget what the Giants did several years ago, as the 6th seed ... including defeating Green Bay in the NFC championship game in a cold weather game in Green Bay (it's been very rare in the playoffs to beat GB at GB) ... and defeating the Cryboys on their field the week before ...

After winning 3 playoff games on the road, I actually was predicting that they could win in the SB against undefeated NE ... and they did!
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

SSOWorld

sounds a bit similar to the run some team had a year ago.

The Giants gave the Packers a run for their money earlier this year - there's no doubt they'll make every effort again.
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

kurumi

Packers 27, Giants 23
Eli Manning's 3rd-down pass with 0:12 left is picked off in the end zone. The roars from NYC and GB sports bars will be audible in Toledo.

Ravens 16, Texans 6
The Ravens seem to play two different types of game: 1) smothering, seems-like-20-guys-on-the-field defense; 2) inexplicably lose to teams like the Jaguars. The Texans will bring out game #1 in the Ravens.

49ers 24, Saints 21
This low-scoring mudball game will still feel like a shootout. Brees forces a couple of plays and is made to pay for it. His 3 TDs are all from outside the red zone. SF scoring is: Akers FG, Akers FG, Davis 7 run, Akers PAT, A. Smith 3 run, Crabtree 2pt Conv, Akers FG

Patriots 38, Broncos 20
Halftime score: Broncos, 20-0.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Roadmaestro95

It'll be week seventeen all over again...
Hope everyone is safe!

triplemultiplex

We're getting a little snow later this week in eastern WI, so that means clear and cold for the game Sunday.  Winds will probably have calmed by then as well.

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 09, 2012, 05:03:34 PM
I was shocked about how well Flynn played against the Lions...he is going to be something if he can emerge from Green Bay

Matt Flynn is a free agent after this season, so let the bidding begin.  He's going to lead somebody deep into the playoffs in a couple years.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 10, 2012, 04:30:49 PM
We're getting a little snow later this week in eastern WI, so that means clear and cold for the game Sunday.  Winds will probably have calmed by then as well.

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 09, 2012, 05:03:34 PM

Matt Flynn is a free agent after this season, so let the bidding begin.  He's going to lead somebody deep into the playoffs in a couple years.
Too bad he had no elligability left over from his time at LSU.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

SSOWorld

If Flynn leaves, Rodgers will have no Photobombing partner. :-D
Scott O.

Raise your what?

brownpelican

49ers 42 Saints 31
The outdoors will be a huge factor and will hurt Brees and the Saints and will make them vulnerable...especially out in San Francisco

Really? Have you seen the forecast? Sunny with highs in the low 60s with no fog toward the end of the game.
How is that weather gonna hurt the Saints?

Who Dats 28, 49ers 20

WillWeaverRVA

If the Denver Tebows win, I'll eat my hat.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alps

Quote from: kurumi on January 10, 2012, 02:22:11 PM
Packers 27, Giants 23
Eli Manning's 3rd-down pass with 0:12 left is picked off in the end zone. The roars from NYC and GB sports bars will be audible in Toledo.
Packers 41, Giants 27. I see a couple more scores in this game, especially from the Pack. It's probably 34-27 late and Manning gets picked off, turning into the game-sealing TD. Anything beyond that point (probably inside 2 minutes) is desperation and won't make a difference.
Ravens 16, Texans 6
The Ravens seem to play two different types of game: 1) smothering, seems-like-20-guys-on-the-field defense; 2) inexplicably lose to teams like the Jaguars. The Texans will bring out game #1 in the Ravens.
The Ravens are hard to predict, but I can't see the Texans dazzling them. I'll go for 23-10 in this one, 23-3 late before Houston gets a garbage time TD.
49ers 24, Saints 21
This low-scoring mudball game will still feel like a shootout. Brees forces a couple of plays and is made to pay for it. His 3 TDs are all from outside the red zone. SF scoring is: Akers FG, Akers FG, Davis 7 run, Akers PAT, A. Smith 3 run, Crabtree 2pt Conv, Akers FG
Low scoring? With these teams? I know the Niners have a vaunted defense, but this is Drew Freakin Brees. 49ers 37, Saints 34 - it may come down to a missed FG late to tie.
Patriots 38, Broncos 20
You got that backwards. Broncos 28, Patriots 27. Halftime score: Patriots 21, Broncos 7.

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: The Situation™ on January 14, 2012, 02:29:56 AM
Quote from: kurumi on January 10, 2012, 02:22:11 PM
Packers 27, Giants 23
Packers 41, Giants 27. I see a couple more scores in this game, especially from the Pack. It's probably 34-27 late and Manning gets picked off, turning into the game-sealing TD. Anything beyond that point (probably inside 2 minutes) is desperation and won't make a difference.
Ravens 16, Texans 6
The Ravens are hard to predict, but I can't see the Texans dazzling them. I'll go for 23-10 in this one, 23-3 late before Houston gets a garbage time TD.
49ers 24, Saints 21
Low scoring? With these teams? I know the Niners have a vaunted defense, but this is Drew Freakin Brees. 49ers 37, Saints 34 - it may come down to a missed FG late to tie.
Patriots 38, Broncos 20
You got that backwards. Broncos 28, Patriots 27. Halftime score: Patriots 21, Broncos 7.
That was the Eli the last few years. This is not the same Eli Manning we are accustomed to. And I doubt the Saints are going to play well because they are a dome team and when a dome team is exposed out in the elements, their whole team seems to suffer (look at what happened to the Falcons!). Last, its Tom Brady and they are at home, even though I hate him, I'd love to see the Tebow hype just end and Foxboro is a perfect place for that.
Hope everyone is safe!

Beltway

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 14, 2012, 01:25:47 AM

It would be interesting, but practically speaking a team with an 8-8 regular season record is unlikely to beat a team with a 13-3 regular season record, the latter also just having had a 'bye' week.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Alps

Quote from: Beltway on January 14, 2012, 01:10:09 PM

It would be interesting, but practically speaking a team with an 8-8 regular season record is unlikely to beat a team with a 13-3 regular season record, the latter also just having had a 'bye' week.
The San Diego Chargers did quite well at 7-9...

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: The Situation™ on January 14, 2012, 02:15:21 PM

So did the seahawks last year...beating the Saints...but at home...different story at foxboro.
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 14, 2012, 02:22:55 PM
Quote from: The Situation™ on January 14, 2012, 02:15:21 PM

So did the seahawks last year...beating the Saints...but at home...different story at foxboro.
My bad. Chargers were 8-8, Seahawks were 7-9, you're right. Now, I said 37-34 for this game, and it finishes 36-32. I consider myself 1 for 1 so far. You got some catching up to do.

Roadmaestro95

I'm 1 for 1 on picks, not scores. But it looks like game two is going my way
Hope everyone is safe!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.