News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Button copy freeway entrance signs?

Started by blawp, April 24, 2012, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrouse

Quote from: CenVlyDave on April 28, 2012, 01:47:50 AM
Quote from: KEK Inc. on April 25, 2012, 05:07:36 AM

I don't remember ever seeing a 'Freeway Entrance' sign itself in button-copy. 

I found it interesting that the I-605 shield is considerably larger than the I-210 shield.  My guess is that since the 605 main starting point is at this intersection, that is why the I-605 shield is larger.

At one point in time the I-605 designation stopped at I-10 and it was to be a state route north of there (Route 243). So I was wondering if perhaps that shield was covering a state route shield. But that wouldn't be possible. The I-605 designation was extended north of I-10 in 1968, but the I-605/I-210 junction was built in 1971. 

kphoger

Re:  freeway entrance signs in other states...

I guess I was thinking specifically of the California standard sign, and wasn't even considering other freeway entrance signage.

I usually consider the prohibition signs to be the official starting point of the freeway.  You know–motorized vehicles only, no hitchhiking, no U turns, etc.  I never paid close attention until I started hitchhiking, but then it became important:  walking past that sign to hitchhike was a violation of the law (assuming it said "no hitchhiking), while standing in front of the sign left the legality up to any applicable state and local laws.

Even those prohibition signs seem to be absent from many (all?) freeways in Missouri.  What other states out there don't post any type of freeway entrance or prohibition signs?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

NE2

Quote from: kphoger on August 28, 2012, 04:06:41 PM
Even those prohibition signs seem to be absent from many (all?) freeways in Missouri.
I don't think Missouri has a blanket prohibition on bikes/peds on Interstates. At least one sign does exist: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=39.100742,-94.571482&spn=0.007427,0.016512&gl=us&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=39.100748,-94.571595&panoid=5j3_dwcJlLq5ZuLg8DTBEw&cbp=12,315.19,,1,0.13
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.