The worst pain you’ve experienced

Started by Max Rockatansky, October 02, 2022, 04:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: Rothman on October 05, 2022, 08:12:54 AM
Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on October 05, 2022, 08:08:15 AM
Getting into the car, and not realize the boys have moved around in their container. Sat down, and sat right on 'em.

THAT hurt.
Wut.

Phrasing

index

Quote from: SectorZ on October 04, 2022, 04:00:23 PM
This is turning into the TMI thread.
With exactly what causes pain and suffering I'm not shocked. I kind of expected it, actually.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

abefroman329

Getting into the car, and not realize the boys have moved around in their container. Sat down, and sat right on 'em.

THAT hurt.
One time they were shooting Mr. Belvidere, and the guy who plays Mr. Belvidere came in and said "Good morning, everybody" and proceeded to sit on himself, and they had to cancel shooting for the rest of the day.

Just try and tell me the image of Mr. Belvidere sitting on his own nuts isn't hilarious.

Takumi

Quote from: abefroman329 on October 05, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

THAT hurt.
One time they were shooting Mr. Belvidere, and the guy who plays Mr. Belvidere came in and said "Good morning, everybody" and proceeded to sit on himself, and they had to cancel shooting for the rest of the day.

Just try and tell me the image of Mr. Belvidere sitting on his own nuts isn't hilarious.
I'm imagining Bob Uecker just randomly throwing the story out there during a delay or something in the middle of a Brewers game. "You know, this reminds me of the time..."
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Max Rockatansky

I think that I'm missing context.  How hard these nut sits that they are causing enough pain to be brought up in this thread?  I've sat on my nuts plenty of times and a couple shoplifters have even kicked me them.  I assuming that all of this is some sort of epic exception if we are discussing it along side electrocuting butt holes?

Also, the worst thing pain that happened to me during a shoplift apprehension was falling down a flight of ten stairs chasing someone.  Considering that I was bleeding pretty badly I probably scared the shit out of the shoplifter given they were so compliant and oddly understanding.  I was cleaning up the blood from my exposed/scraped skin for about two hours waiting for Scottsdale PD to arrive.

J N Winkler

Given that the mention of high-voltage probes up the rectum seems to have caught people's attention, I should clarify that I have never actually had this treatment.  For all I know, it could be at least tolerable, since the Wikipedia article mentions gradually raising the voltage to 350 V.

Certain end-of-life conditions can be extremely painful--more so than most of the things mentioned in this thread.  Cancer that has metastasized (especially to the bones) is one example.  Others include the neuralgias that can develop with late-stage multiple sclerosis.  This kind of pain is very difficult to manage because it cannot be resolved by restoring integrity to the underlying organ systems and is caused in part by changes in how neural signals are telegraphed to the brain.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

abefroman329

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 05, 2022, 12:36:13 PMHow hard these nut sits that they are causing enough pain to be brought up in this thread?  I've sat on my nuts plenty of times and a couple shoplifters have even kicked me them.
The actor who played Mr. Belvidere was not a small man, and if he plopped down onto them with a heavy sigh, as if he was not about to sit on his nuts, well, that would be pretty painful.

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Context noted, thank you.  I couldn't remember what Mr. Belvedere looked like.

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 05, 2022, 01:59:49 PM
Given that the mention of high-voltage probes up the rectum seems to have caught people's attention, I should clarify that I have never actually had this treatment.  For all I know, it could be at least tolerable, since the Wikipedia article mentions gradually raising the voltage to 350 V.

Certain end-of-life conditions can be extremely painful--more so than most of the things mentioned in this thread.  Cancer that has metastasized (especially to the bones) is one example.  Others include the neuralgias that can develop with late-stage multiple sclerosis.  This kind of pain is very difficult to manage because it cannot be resolved by restoring integrity to the underlying organ systems and is caused in part by changes in how neural signals are telegraphed to the brain.

My mom's lung cancer spread to her bones eventually as it metastasized.  Considering the amount of Fentanyl she was on near the end I can certainly infer cancer in her bones was incredibly painful.  What I witnessed wasn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy. 

abefroman329

For anyone else who doesn't recall what Mr. Belvedere looked like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GML1pWkww

Rothman

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 05, 2022, 01:59:49 PM
Given that the mention of high-voltage probes up the rectum seems to have caught people's attention, I should clarify that I have never actually had this treatment.

There's no time like the present.

Thread's about pain that you have personally experienced.

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

TheHighwayMan3561

More from the nads: Tugging on your sack when it's cold.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: abefroman329 on October 05, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

THAT hurt.

I'm picturing when you sit on a koosh ball or something and it squeezes out in some weird shape.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 05, 2022, 08:52:31 PM
More from the nads: Tugging on your sack when it's cold.
Generally a terrible idea.
clinched:

CoreySamson

The worst pain I can distinctly remember was a particularly potent gas pain I had when I was 10 or so. Apparently my reaction was so bad that my parents thought it could have been appendicitis.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Ned Weasel

Okay, since people have already brought up private parts in this thread, the answer for a lot of people here is likely this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22114254/ .  Most of us just don't remember it.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

zachary_amaryllis

These aren't so much painful, as just ... weird.

Ever have the stomach condition where your burps smell like farts (where's that pooing-is-cool guy?)?
clinched:

kenarmy

Getting two shots in each big toe.. and the needle was at least 8 inches long
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

hbelkins

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on October 10, 2022, 10:14:54 AM

Ever have the stomach condition where your burps smell like farts (where's that pooing-is-cool guy?)?

I've mentioned this before, but I had a boss who'd undergone a kidney transplant. I think it was one of the anti-rejection drugs he was on, but it could have been an oral medication for any number of physical afflictions from which he suffered, but his burps smelled very bad and very strongly.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

Quote from: kenarmy on October 10, 2022, 10:16:00 AM
Getting two shots in each big toe.. and the needle was at least 8 inches long

Not sure how that worked. My big toe isn't 8 inches thick.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: hbelkins on October 10, 2022, 10:41:58 AM

I've mentioned this before, but I had a boss who'd undergone a kidney transplant. I think it was one of the anti-rejection drugs he was on, but it could have been an oral medication for any number of physical afflictions from which he suffered, but his burps smelled very bad and very strongly.

I take Trulicity and metformin, the combination of which seems to cause this from time to time. Trulicity lowers your blood sugar by removing all will to eat. There are days when I eat a handful of salad croutons, and I'm good.
clinched:

abefroman329

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on October 11, 2022, 09:37:06 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on October 10, 2022, 10:41:58 AM

I take Trulicity and metformin, the combination of which seems to cause this from time to time. Trulicity lowers your blood sugar by removing all will to eat. There are days when I eat a handful of salad croutons, and I'm good.
Ha - Ozempic and metformin over here. It's also sapped me of my will to eat, but I've lost 40 pounds since May, and hopefully once my weight comes down, so will my A1C, and then I can quit taking one or the other.

Hasn't given me foul-smelling gas, though.

hbelkins

Add me to the Ozempic list. I, too, noticed a distinct lack of appetite and the tendency to feel fuller sooner and after having eaten (and eaten less than I normally would.) I lost 60 pounds after I first started taking the weekly 0.5-unit Ozempic shots.

In 2020 my thyroid went batty. I'd been taking levothyroxine (Synthroid) for years but for some reason, my TSH levels got way out of whack. I gained every ounce of that back, and more. I had lost a total of 110 pounds from my highest-ever weight, and I gained back to within 35 pounds of that. They got my TSH straightened out with a much larger dose of Synthroid, and increased my dose of Ozempic to 1.0 units a week, and now 2.0 units. The weight is coming off slowly again. I feel like I've lost more than I actually have because my clothes are fitting more loosely. And I'm again noticing that I get full faster. My endocrinologist told me that Ozempic is actually being used as a weight-loss drug.

I have no symptoms of diabetes and never have had any. I'm taking 500 mg of metformin ER twice a day, and also one shot of Basaglar once a day. My A1C has fluctuated over the years, but as of last week it was at 5.7. I'm not sure what medication I might come off of, although i was instructed to reduce the Basaglar if I start having a lot of low blood sugar readings.

I haven't noticed any foul-smelling belches or bad tastes in my mouth.

NWI_Irish96

Regarding Ozempic, the manufacturer submitted it for approval for weight loss for people who don't have high blood sugar (me) but it didn't get approved. Sounds like it's something that could really help though.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

abefroman329

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on October 11, 2022, 11:51:49 AMRegarding Ozempic, the manufacturer submitted it for approval for weight loss for people who don't have high blood sugar (me) but it didn't get approved. Sounds like it's something that could really help though.
I tried Saxenda many years ago, and it worked for a few months, but then I stopped feeling the effects and put the weight back on.  There's a new drug called Wegovy that is supposed to have much better long-term success rates that you may want to ask your doctor about. 

Trouble is, there are a lot more options available to you when you're overweight with comorbidities than there are when you're overweight, but otherwise healthy.

JMoses24

Sepsis episode two, 2007. Thought it had been something I ate. No, my bladder blew up. I was doubled over for hours.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.