News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Should the Alanland thread be unlocked?

Started by Roadgeekteen, November 30, 2022, 11:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should it?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Scott5114

We also know it was the real Ken Jennings because he contacted the admins ahead of time and asked if we minded if he did research for his book Maphead. He was super polite about it. Of course we told him to go right ahead.

Also, he's a way better host than Mayim Bialik (what I've seen of her hosting feels a lot like they set up an Amazon Alexa on Alex's lectern).

Meanwhile, whoever posted this on Quindaropedia caused me to laugh pretty heartily when I first woke up.
QuoteThe skeeball ramp used in the Alanland game show Mediocre Ball ! ! sits in Torrington's garage when it is not in use.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

CoreySamson

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 06, 2022, 04:31:51 PM
We also know it was the real Ken Jennings because he contacted the admins ahead of time and asked if we minded if he did research for his book Maphead. He was super polite about it. Of course we told him to go right ahead.

Also, he's a way better host than Mayim Bialik (what I've seen of her hosting feels a lot like they set up an Amazon Alexa on Alex's lectern).

Meanwhile, whoever posted this on Quindaropedia caused me to laugh pretty heartily when I first woke up.
QuoteThe skeeball ramp used in the Alanland game show Mediocre Ball ! ! sits in Torrington's garage when it is not in use.
That was me.  :sombrero:
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

kirbykart

Glad we know Poiponen's stance on the debate:
Quote from: Poiponen13 on December 13, 2022, 03:04:01 AM
Alanland thread would be good to be unlocked.

Scott5114

Quote from: kirbykart on December 13, 2022, 08:02:18 AM

It will only be unlocked by decree of Alanland Inferior Court Judge Jade Sault Sainte John Madden.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2022, 08:58:16 AM
Quote from: kirbykart on December 13, 2022, 08:02:18 AM

It will only be unlocked by decree of Alanland Inferior Court Judge Jade Sault Sainte John Madden.
I guess a candidate for Grand Alan can't unlock it.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 13, 2022, 02:55:04 PM
I guess a candidate for Grand Alan can't unlock it.

Only a mod can unlock it.  Not even Alanland Inferior Court Judge Jade Sault Sainte John Madden can unlock it, because she isn't a mod.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JoePCool14

I think it's time for this thread to be locked.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 14, 2022, 09:27:58 AM

I'll lock it for $29,000.  Know anyone with a cool 29k on hand?

hotdogPi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 14, 2022, 09:33:25 AM

Interestingly, I should but don't. I accidentally put too much withholding on my W-4 form (I've since changed it), which means I'm currently below that number but would be above if I didn't make that mistake. At least I'll get it back.

Another reason why MMM is my clone – cash on hand is pretty much identical. Unlike him, though, I do have student debt. My student debt is above 29,000, but my cash on hand plus the value of everything I own (notably my coin collection, although that alone isn't enough) means my net worth is barely positive even after considering student debt.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1 on December 14, 2022, 09:37:39 AM

Interestingly, I should but don't. I accidentally put too much withholding on my W-4 form (I've since changed it), which means I'm currently below that number but would be above if I didn't make that mistake. At least I'll get it back.

Another reason why MMM is my clone – cash on hand is pretty much identical. Unlike him, though, I do have student debt. My student debt is above 29,000, but my cash on hand plus the value of everything I own (notably my coin collection, although that alone isn't enough) means my net worth is barely positive even after considering student debt.

Are you sure MMM isn't just the evil version of you from the mirror universe?  If MMM has a goatee we know for sure he's the evil version. 

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: 1 on December 14, 2022, 09:37:39 AM

Isn't all this more information about yourself than you've generally professed to be comfortable with sharing? Just curious I guess.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.