News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Vancouver, WA

Started by Voyager, April 08, 2009, 05:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

What an awesome little city. I'm really amazed at how low the hype it gets. It even has a fairly complete freeway system for a city that isn't really that large. Are they planning on finishing the new expressway conversion to a freeway soon?
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

ComputerGuy

Yeah...I-5, I-205, SR 14, SR 500..they're all great. The only bad thing about the area is the SR 501 gap. I've been there once or twice and traffic was fast all the way to the Oregon border..

DrZoidberg

Yeah...they put the city across the river to shame in terms of highway systems.
"By the way...I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar."

bigpine320

I-205 needs two more interchanges.  One for NE 18 St, north of Mill Plain Blvd.  And the other for NE 138 St in the Salmon Creek Area. 

Also SR 14 needs a full third auxiliary lanes.  From I-205 to SE 164 Ave.  There is already full auxiliary lanes between SE 164 Ave and SE 192 Ave.

KEK Inc.

Quote from: bigpine320 on April 29, 2009, 04:20:04 AM
I-205 needs two more interchanges.  One for NE 18 St, north of Mill Plain Blvd.  And the other for NE 138 St in the Salmon Creek Area. 

Also SR 14 needs a full third auxiliary lanes.  From I-205 to SE 164 Ave.  There is already full auxiliary lanes between SE 164 Ave and SE 192 Ave.
Good news from the future for SE 18th St., but they seem to be stalling on the project.  I don't think there's enough ROW for an intersection for NE 50th Ave or NE 119th St.  (The two overpasses between 136th Ave. and Padden Pkwy). 

WA-14 does really need a third lane (I wouldn't mind an HOV or HOT lane), but traffic demand isn't too big on those highways yet.  It only bunches up at the Interstate Bridge. 

What I want to see is WA-500 extended all the way to NE 162nd Ave.  Right now, the freeway portion turns up to Orchards and ends on 4th Plain.  I find it odd that they rerouted WA-500 an extra 2 miles through Padden Pkwy. 
Take the road less traveled.

Bickendan

I don't think there's much room to add two lanes onto WA 14 between the two interstates :/

KEK Inc.

Quote from: Bickendan on September 04, 2010, 01:48:50 AM
I don't think there's much room to add two lanes onto WA 14 between the two interstates :/

There's plenty of room for the most part.  The lanes are actually like 1.3X as wide as they're supposed to be, and there's still ROW on the shoulder.  The only problem area I can think of is Evergreen Bl., since WA-14 switches elevation.
Take the road less traveled.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.