WI: Marquette Interchange in Milwaukee, other area freeway improvements

Started by Voyager, January 20, 2009, 06:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Has the upgrade to downtown Milwaukee been completed? I think the new Interchange in downtown is very beautiful.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

jd2death

What upgrade are you talking about if i may ask?

catofdar

If you are referring to whether the Marquette Interchange has been completed, the answer is yes...back in August 2008.  Other than that, not sure what upgrade you are referring to either...
CatOfDar Roads...Adding random meows to road enthusiasm since 2005.

jd2death

They really need to upgrade the I-794 Hoan Bridge. Its really in bad shape

Scott5114

Got to tour the Marquette Interchange at the Milwaukee sidetrip at the Chicago meet. I was impressed.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Voyager

Is the Marquette interchange finished?
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

jd2death

Quote from: voyager on January 22, 2009, 06:24:11 AM
Is the Marquette interchange finished?

Yes

August 08 is when they wrapped up

catofdar

Scott...you have yet to see it completed!  You only saw it under construction...hopefully this August  ;-)
CatOfDar Roads...Adding random meows to road enthusiasm since 2005.

SSOWorld

Next projects are the I-94 Corridor between Milwaukee and Illinois state line (Widen to 8 lanes - reconstruct - including the Mitchell Interchange (I-94/I-894 East end) and the Zoo Interchange (I-94/I-894 West End).
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jd2death

Quote from: Master son on January 28, 2009, 04:52:48 PM
Next projects are the I-94 Corridor between Milwaukee and Illinois state line (Widen to 8 lanes - reconstruct - including the Mitchell Interchange (I-94/I-894 East end) and the Zoo Interchange (I-94/I-894 West End).

That is gonna be a pain cause both have heavy traffic

Scott5114

Better get pictures of that all-text median sign down by County Q while you can!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alex

Any news on Interstate 41 coming to reality? How about the idea to remove Interstate 894 in favor of Interstate 41?

jd2death

Wisconsin Department of Transportation officials are studying what improvements need to be made to U.S. Route 41 in order for it to upgraded to Interstate status.[2] Necessary upgrades must be made before any signage changes can happen, but the entire length from Milwaukee to Green Bay is expected to become a new Interstate 41.[2] The legislation was added to the 2005 federal highway bill (Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users) by Congressman Tom Petri. Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers reviewed the state traffic records, and found that the number of cars traveling on 41 in northeast Wisconsin has nearly doubled since 1994.[2] It is unknown if the U.S. Route 41 shields will remain when I-41 signs are tentatively scheduled to go up in 2009.[citation needed] When complete, this will be only the second Interstate number to overlap its U.S. Route counterpart. The other is Interstate 74 & U.S. Route 74 in North Carolina.

Two expansion projects are scheduled for 2010. The first upgrades the old rural freeway west of Green Bay from CTH F(Scheuring Rd) past I-43 to CTH M(Lineville Rd) to a six-lane road with the rebuilding of all interchanges along the corridor; including a free-flow interchange with WIS 29.[3] The second is an expansion of the highway from WIS 26 to Breezewood Lane around Oshkosh from 4 to 6 lanes - including rebuilds of 9 interchanges and the Lake Butte des Morts causeway. [4] [5] The bridge over Lake Butte des Morts is scheduled to be expanded to eight lanes. [5] The second plan has a $292 million budget, and is scheduled to include two additional park and ride lots at State Highways 26 and 76. [5]

Studies are also underway on upgrading the US 41/US 10/WIS 441 interchange in the Neenah area. Currently, the interchange is missing the US 10 Eastbound to US 41 Northbound, and US 41 Northbound to US 10 Westbound ramp movements. This study is focusing on ways to reconstruct this interchange to allow all ramp movements.

SSOWorld

old news - keeping in mind that first part's citation no longer is available.  The DOT tends to keep things under wraps too. :banghead:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Tom

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.