Letter to the Editor, widen California State Route 46 & 58 to Interstate (40).

Started by Roadmapfan66, June 23, 2013, 09:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadmapfan66

Letter to the Editor, The San Luis Obispo Tribune, The New Times and the Bay News (San Luis Obispo County/City, Morro Bay and surrounding areas).   :nod: ;-)

As I read online on the Bakersfield Californian newspaper website, and the BakersfieldFreeway.us website, the new Westside Parkway freeway opens up in western Bakersfield. At the same time, Rosedale Highway as California state route 58 is in the process of being relinquished in the city. There are two major problems that this area from the central California coast to the Central Valley to the Mojave Desert are facing: One is a project to widen CA 58 to expressway (or divided highway) from the Kern & San Bernardino County line to Barstow with a possible freeway heading out of Barstow, that has been on the "back burner" when it comes to Caltrans with procrastination through passing Propositions 1A & 1B in late 2006.  And the California High Speed Rail project which Californians have been lied to and misguided by the people who created this bureaucratic mess of a project!  In closing this would be a good Interstate 40 corridor for trucks, and for cars for the near future, for CA 46 and CA 58 as traffic volumes go up on an annual basis if widened in the near future (to Interstate Highway standards).

193 words, Paragraph

Scott C. Presnal
Morro Bay, CA
--- SCP

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

myosh_tino

Quote from: on_wisconsin on June 23, 2013, 09:16:19 PM
Link?
I believe that was the letter that Scott sent to his local newspapers.  If his letter gets published, then I expect Scott to post a link here.

While it would be nice to have I-40 extended west from Barstow to Bakersfield, I just rather they make CA-58 as safe as possible which means at least a divided highway from Bakersfield to Barstow.  Projects to do just that are in the works but they are moving at the usual slow pace.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.