Favorite On-ramps and Off-ramps

Started by thefraze_1020, August 11, 2019, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: PHLBOS on August 27, 2019, 01:28:29 PM
one can literally gun it.

We have enough mass shootings these days, sir.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

PHLBOS

Quote from: kphoger on August 27, 2019, 02:50:17 PM
I'll assume that you're being facetious with the above-post; but in case you're not, such is an old expression for stepping on the accelerator.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

RobbieL2415

Probably the I-84 C/D setup in Manchester.  Well-engineered and works well with the topography.

A future contender will probably be the I-91 Exit 29 complex once it's finished in a couple years.

kphoger

Quote from: PHLBOS on August 27, 2019, 03:42:43 PM

I'll assume that you're being facetious with the above-post; but in case you're not, such is an old expression for stepping on the accelerator.

You said "literally".  Was I not supposed to take you literally?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

PHLBOS

Quote from: kphoger on August 27, 2019, 04:25:36 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on August 27, 2019, 03:42:43 PM
You said "literally".  Was I not supposed to take you literally?
I should've mentioned this earlier; how about including the previous sentence of my earlier reply (reposted below with bold emphasis).  Such provides better context.

I call this the warp-speed ramp because the lane doesn't end once it meets I-95.  If there's nobody in front; one can literally gun it.

That said, I personally think you know darn well what I meant.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

PHLBOS

^^Phrase (in terms of acceleration) has since been added to my original post.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

thspfc

My new favorite is I-94 east to I-41 north at the Zoo Interchange.

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: thspfc on August 31, 2019, 09:33:57 AM
My new favorite is I-94 east to I-41 north at the Zoo Interchange.

+1

ctkatz

I'm partial to the onramp for exit 181 on I 75/71 south, burlington pike (ky 18), the exit right before the world famous "Florence Y'all" watertower. it is the longest onramp that I have ever experienced and every time I use that portion of highway, I make an excuse to get off there just so I can take that onramp.

i mean, it runs next to the highway and it's got a chicane on it.  what's not to love?

the reason why I can't include the northbound on ramp is because I've not gotten off at that particular exit, plus I recently found where that on ramp begins. it doesn't start next to the highway and I would never have found it if I weren't looking for it.

i wonder what the longest onramp on the system is.

royo6022

One of my favorites is the IN-445 exit off I-69 near Cincinnati, IN.
My absolute favorite is somewhere in the Virginias, there are a couple exits that curve off in weird directions because of the mountainous terrain. Driving on the interstates through the Appalachians is really neat.
2d Interstates traveled: 4, 10, 15, 39, 40, 44, 57, 64, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 88, 90, 94, 95

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.