News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Favorite On-ramps and Off-ramps

Started by thefraze_1020, August 11, 2019, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: PHLBOS on August 27, 2019, 01:28:29 PM
one can literally gun it.

We have enough mass shootings these days, sir.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

PHLBOS

Quote from: kphoger on August 27, 2019, 02:50:17 PM
I'll assume that you're being facetious with the above-post; but in case you're not, such is an old expression for stepping on the accelerator.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

RobbieL2415

Probably the I-84 C/D setup in Manchester.  Well-engineered and works well with the topography.

A future contender will probably be the I-91 Exit 29 complex once it's finished in a couple years.

kphoger

Quote from: PHLBOS on August 27, 2019, 03:42:43 PM

I'll assume that you're being facetious with the above-post; but in case you're not, such is an old expression for stepping on the accelerator.

You said "literally".  Was I not supposed to take you literally?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

PHLBOS

Quote from: kphoger on August 27, 2019, 04:25:36 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on August 27, 2019, 03:42:43 PM
You said "literally".  Was I not supposed to take you literally?
I should've mentioned this earlier; how about including the previous sentence of my earlier reply (reposted below with bold emphasis).  Such provides better context.

I call this the warp-speed ramp because the lane doesn't end once it meets I-95.  If there's nobody in front; one can literally gun it.

That said, I personally think you know darn well what I meant.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

PHLBOS

^^Phrase (in terms of acceleration) has since been added to my original post.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

thspfc

My new favorite is I-94 east to I-41 north at the Zoo Interchange.

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: thspfc on August 31, 2019, 09:33:57 AM
My new favorite is I-94 east to I-41 north at the Zoo Interchange.

+1

ctkatz

I'm partial to the onramp for exit 181 on I 75/71 south, burlington pike (ky 18), the exit right before the world famous "Florence Y'all" watertower. it is the longest onramp that I have ever experienced and every time I use that portion of highway, I make an excuse to get off there just so I can take that onramp.

i mean, it runs next to the highway and it's got a chicane on it.  what's not to love?

the reason why I can't include the northbound on ramp is because I've not gotten off at that particular exit, plus I recently found where that on ramp begins. it doesn't start next to the highway and I would never have found it if I weren't looking for it.

i wonder what the longest onramp on the system is.

royo6022

One of my favorites is the IN-445 exit off I-69 near Cincinnati, IN.
My absolute favorite is somewhere in the Virginias, there are a couple exits that curve off in weird directions because of the mountainous terrain. Driving on the interstates through the Appalachians is really neat.
2d Interstates traveled: 4, 10, 15, 39, 40, 44, 57, 64, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 88, 90, 94, 95

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.