News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-40 Construction

Started by msunat97, May 10, 2013, 10:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msunat97

There's a good bit on construction on I-40 between Clarksville & Conway.  There is a long stretch down to 1 lane in both directions in Russellville.  There was another section on Westbound 40 just west of Morrilton.  Please be careful.

Road Hog

Quote from: msunat97 on May 10, 2013, 10:32:32 PM
There's a good bit on construction on I-40 between Clarksville & Conway.  There is a long stretch down to 1 lane in both directions in Russellville.  There was another section on Westbound 40 just west of Morrilton.  Please be careful.

Those are both sections that got skipped by Huckabee's bond project 10 years ago. Ostensibly because those sections weren't in as bad shape as others at the time. Well, time is a bitch.

msunat97

Looks like the Russellville section will be in place for a while.  It looked like they are working on 2 of the bridges over part of Lake Dardanelle.  The construction is from mile marker 77 to mile marker 84.

rte66man

Quote from: msunat97 on May 13, 2013, 12:26:52 PM
Looks like the Russellville section will be in place for a while.  It looked like they are working on 2 of the bridges over part of Lake Dardanelle.  The construction is from mile marker 77 to mile marker 84.

It looks as if they are NOT milling off any of the old concrete; rather they are using an asphalt overlay. Bad idea IMHO. 

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

msunat97

I noticed that also.  I wonder how long that will last before they have to go over it again.

US71

Quote from: rte66man on May 14, 2013, 07:57:03 PM

It looks as if they are NOT milling off any of the old concrete; rather they are using an asphalt overlay. Bad idea IMHO. 

rte66man

The 540 rebuild in Ft Smith is using asphalt instead concrete which, IMO is a waste of money.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rte66man

Quote from: msunat97 on May 20, 2013, 12:50:15 PM
I noticed that also.  I wonder how long that will last before they have to go over it again.

That's my concern.  If they don't adequately address the concrete problems before they overlay it, then the asphalt will just start coming up or cracking.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

US71

Quote from: rte66man on May 21, 2013, 08:26:43 AM
Quote from: msunat97 on May 20, 2013, 12:50:15 PM

That's my concern.  If they don't adequately address the concrete problems before they overlay it, then the asphalt will just start coming up or cracking.

rte66man

5 or 6 years is my guess. The last time many of the roads were resurfaced was 10-12 years ago, and they've been falling apart for close to half that time since many were simply repaved with asphalt at that time, as well.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.