No Road-Meets Close To Me :(

Started by BigMattFromTexas, August 10, 2009, 09:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

Anyone else have the problem that there aren't any Road-Meets anywhere close to you? I do and it sucks very bad :(
Anyone?
BigMatt

cu2010

I don't close to my school, either...then again, that's what happens when you're in the middle of nowhere!

Was just a mini-meet near my home recently...I couldn't attend due to work.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Scott5114

Maybe it's because nobody likes Texas. ;)

We recently had one in Oklahoma City. Closest one to Texas there's in been in a while. There's one coming up in Louisiana sometime soon, too.

Look around in the Mid-South category and see how many people live near your town. Try provoking them into hosting a meet.

If you're unsuccessful, put one together yourself! It's not hard...just think of some things that might be interesting to show off (construction projects in progress are always a treat, especially if you can talk the DOT or project director into giving you a guided tour of the site), then pick a tentative date, and post (here and to MTR and maybe other places you can think of). People interested in attending will post. If the majority of people say they would go but the date is bad, then change the date. Then all you have to do is pick a meetup site (and maybe a lunch or dinner site) and go. After you've looked at what you said you were going to do when you post, you can let the group suggest other things that look curious on the map. It's that easy!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

BigMattFromTexas

^ Hmm im not sure i might try but idk

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.