Regional Boards > Northwest

I-5 Rose Quarter (Portland) Widening Project

<< < (2/14) > >>

nexus73:
Here's your real roadblock and it's name is bureaucracy.

Several previous studies: the Greeley Ramp-North
Banfield Section Study (1987), the Blazer Arena
Study (1991) and the Freeway Loop Study (2005),
have addressed the operational issues of this
section. This current effort was a fresh look at
feasible solutions that could be implemented in the
relative short term.

Gotta keep those looks fresh...LOL!  Typical ODOT.  Study something to death and then do nothing.  Good work if you can get it!

Rick

Bickendan:
Ayup. We should do something 'bout that, Bert.
Your coffee getting cold like mine? Thinkin' about putting on a new pot.
Nice weather we're havin', innit? Ayup.

OCGuy81:
I'm really surprised the current configuration is the way it is.  Visiting friends in Washington and driving back through Portland (SB 5) I was confident we'd get through town pretty quickly at 2:15 on a weekday afternoon.

Alas, there was the narrowing to two lanes, right in the heart of town, where all the major freeways converge! Kudos, ODOT, you managed to get the take home version of the East LA Interchange. :-)

Bickendan:
Ha, it's not just I-5 -- I-405 as well goes down to 2 in each. And while 205's not a bad alternative, both the north and south ends are down to two in each.

OCGuy81:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on February 18, 2015, 04:18:52 PM ---Ha, it's not just I-5 -- I-405 as well goes down to 2 in each. And while 205's not a bad alternative, both the north and south ends are down to two in each.

--- End quote ---

Might be getting off topic, but is there any freeway in Oregon > 3 lanes in each direction for more than about a mile? Seems like they don't get any bigger than 3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version