News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

How can I delete my account?

Started by snowc, December 01, 2021, 11:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

I don't think we need to be debating another user on here. The user asked us to delete his profile. We don't delete profiles, but we are willing to lock, scramble, un-associate, etc. the profile.

Roadgeekteen

20 is an adult. Unless something major is going on behind the scenes taking away forum and gmail access from a 20 year old is a bit extreme...
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

GaryV

The parents may have a legal conservatorship. 

Of course, if a person really wanted their account closed, they could do something that would get them permanently banned.  Not that I'd advocate that, of course ...

1995hoo

I'd suggest dropping the discussion about what snowc's circumstances are, even if certain things may have been obvious to many people. The moderators haven't looked kindly on that sort of thing in the past. Alps's comment above is pretty neutral, but in the past the moderators have deleted posts over that sort of thing.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Scott5114

Quote from: Alps on December 01, 2021, 08:12:10 PM
I don't think we need to be debating another user on here. The user asked us to delete his profile. We don't delete profiles, but we are willing to lock, scramble, un-associate, etc. the profile.

This but purple.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.