Historic map of Cheyenne WY?

Started by usends, October 28, 2016, 07:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usends

Looking for a map or inset from late 1920s to mid-1930s.  Trying to determine whether US 185 ended at its junction with US 85 north of town, or if it overlapped with US 85 southward, ending at US 30 in downtown Cheyenne.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brian556

Cheyenne...I never meant to fall in love

usends

Quote from: NE2 on October 29, 2016, 01:08:02 AM
This one is just barely too late :(
http://spcrphotocollection.wyo.gov/luna/servlet/workspace/handleMediaPlayer?qvq=&trs=&mi=&lunaMediaId=SPCRACV~7~7~2082196~110140
But note that, according to this map, the intersection with US 30 would have been on Capitol, not Central.
I was aware of that inset, but I was not able to make out any detail on it, not even when I downloaded it.  Is there a higher-resolution version that I'm missing?
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

NE2

Quote from: usends on October 29, 2016, 04:00:23 PM
Is there a higher-resolution version that I'm missing?
No, but I can barely make out that it says 85/87 or 87/85.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Mapmikey

Quote from: NE2 on October 29, 2016, 01:08:02 AM
This shows no overlap: https://uwdigital.uwyo.edu/islandora/object/wyu%3A68352#page/213/mode/2up

Looking back through the Wyoming magazine the map shows US routes back to June 1926 (have to go to the other volume set).  There is an article about posting US route markers but no article indicating what Wyoming state routes are becoming US routes and where they go...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.