News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

3 Lane Roundabout in AR

Started by M86, December 21, 2014, 01:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

http://thecabin.net/news/local/2014-12-19/ahtd-proposes-three-lane-roundabouts

Stupid.  A 3 lane roundabout is crazy.  There's better options out there!  Remove the loop ramps, and convert it to a SPUI.

dfwmapper

A 3 lane roundabout is indeed crazy, but the road geometry there makes it tough to do anything. The frontage road is really too close to build a SPUI, DDI, or any other fancy interchange because the light will cause traffic backups to the interchange. I'd probably redo the entire thing Texas-style and convert the frontage roads to one-way with the ramps connecting directly to them. Second choice would be a California-style parclo (remove the northeast quadrant loop and tighten up the southeast loop).

galador

At least they're doing it in Conway, the drivers there should be used to the roundabouts at this point...

US71

Quote from: galador on December 21, 2014, 11:04:35 PM
At least they're doing it in Conway, the drivers there should be used to the roundabouts at this point...
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Yeah, right.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

galador

Quote from: US71 on December 22, 2014, 07:58:17 PM
Quote from: galador on December 21, 2014, 11:04:35 PM
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Yeah, right.
Ooops, I forgot my <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags... :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.