News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Unique Signs

Started by Amaury, October 13, 2022, 04:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaury

If there's already a thread for this, I apologize.

What are some unique signs that you've noticed? Those that say the same thing, but are different from the normal signs. I just noticed these unique reassurance shields in Lewis County, Washington:

Heading northbound on Interstate 5, the signs return to normal when the concurrency with US Route 12 ends at Exit 88. Heading southbound on Interstate 5, the signs return to normal after Exit 63. However, on the northbound side, the unique signs don't start until the concurrency with US Route 12 begins at Exit 68.

(On a somewhat off-topic side note, at Exit 68, where the US Route 12 concurrency begins (northbound) and ends (southbound), I'm rather intrigued as to why they designed the Interstate 5 entrance ramp for the southbound lanes as a sharp curve instead of being consistent and keeping it straight like the southbound exit ramp and the northbound entrance and exit ramps.)
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

1995hoo

The following thread seems to cover that concept: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=11045.0

Quote from: mass_citizen on December 04, 2013, 10:46:35 PM
So since the "Worst of" thread seems to be getting filled with signs that are not "Worst of" I decided to create this. This is for all those interesting, odd, unique, bad (but not worst) and good (but not best) signs. I personally like looking at signs of all types and I think this is a good spot for those that are worth looking at, but not necessarily one of the extremes.

I'll submit one here:

http://goo.gl/maps/9RqdD

The arrow on this just looks way too long to me. Its almost as if they were trying to justify it with the legend. Thank god they didn't use the full spelling of Marlborough
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Yeah, it's literally one of the most popular threads on this site, but it's under "Traffic Control" because–well, I guess because signs control traffic.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Amaury

I'm blind. Moderators, feel free to lock or delete this thread.
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

kphoger

Quote from: Amaury on October 13, 2022, 05:12:43 PM
I'm blind. Moderators, feel free to lock or delete this thread.

Mods:  FYI, he already copied-and-pasted the OP into that other thread.  No need to merge.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.