To the man who was vengeance, who was the knight, who was the animated Batman

Started by Billy F 1988, November 11, 2022, 02:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy F 1988

If you are a DC animated fan, I have the sad duty to announce that Kevin Conroy, the actor of Batman - The Animated Series, the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series, dozens of assorted Batman movies, and video games has passed away. This undoubtedly is one of the toughest announcements to make. But, upon discovery of some failing health, we've lost Kevin Conroy. We've lost the most dynamic voice of the Batman animated universe. He is the only one I know that can be Bruce Wayne in one episode, then the Dark Knight the next and go full tilt on the Joker and his goons.

Sadly, without Conroy, Mark Hamill (the voice of Joker) has no punchline. I mean, Hamill was the yin to Conroy's yang. Much like how Fred Welker is the yin to Peter Cullen's yang in the Transformers universe. Both Conroy and Hamill's dynamics worked so well in the original series, movies and games, I'm afraid nothing will top that sort of pairing.

In such a time as this while our nation grapples with an unknown future, we take this time now to remember Kevin Conroy, the purely badass modern Batman we've come to know. As such, we as fans of the series are all the Dark Knight.

I am vengeance. I am the Knight. I. Am. Batman!
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

-- US 175 --

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.