News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Classic Jingles

Started by roadman65, April 19, 2019, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: bandit957 on April 23, 2019, 03:49:43 PM
Here's a jingle that brang laughs to 7-year olds everywhere.

"Open a jar of Pizza Quick Sauce...And open your own..." (Are you ready for it?) "...DIARRHEA!"

This was more overt.  Lots of fruity marshmallow sh**s:

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

bandit957

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on April 25, 2019, 12:00:35 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on April 23, 2019, 03:49:43 PM
Here's a jingle that brang laughs to 7-year olds everywhere.

"Open a jar of Pizza Quick Sauce...And open your own..." (Are you ready for it?) "...DIARRHEA!"

This was more overt.  Lots of fruity marshmallow sh**s:

The same melody was used for a commercial in the mid-'90s that showed people (and a dog) dancing around a kitchen. For the life of me, I don't remember what the product was.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

inkyatari

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on April 23, 2019, 12:18:36 PM
Quote from: Henry on April 22, 2019, 10:09:30 AM
Perhaps the most quintessential car jingle of all time:

"See the USA in your Chevrolet...America's the greatest land of all."

I remember that they brought it back shortly after the new millennium began, IIRC, and there were quite a few variants of it made.

And also used Bob Segar's song "Like a rock" for the truck ads from 1991 to 2004!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBd6NTY8wc0

Ugh. I HATE bob seger and his brand of "whine rock." in every song he's whining about his youth. Get over yourself.

We used to tell a joke when that commercial aired.. 

How is a chevy like a rock?

It's big, ugly, and only goes places when you push it down a hill!
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

mgk920

Quote from: roadman65 on April 19, 2019, 11:16:14 PM

I always loved this ad by Budweiser especially the whole song. Usually its cut short to fit in with the typical 30 second ad, but once in a while Anheiser Busch did spring for 2 full minutes to air the whole jingle.

Aaaaand, in the late 1970s, the University of Wisconsin Varsity Band adapted it as a secondary fight song.  It starts at about 0:30 in the clip.

Also, a true classic for Miller.  They we rerunning this jingle the last couple of seasons on Milwaukee Brewers' radio play-by-play broadcasts.

Another true classic from anyone who has ever spent time on the Minnesota or Wisconsin north woods!

Enjoy!

:cheers:

Mike

Henry

Quote from: inkyatari on April 25, 2019, 09:39:30 AM
Ugh. I HATE bob seger and his brand of "whine rock." in every song he's whining about his youth. Get over yourself.

That's funny, although I know lots of owners like myself would take offense to that joke.

Try this on for size:

"Why is a Ford built tough?"

"It's very tough to start it up, and even tougher to get it to go anywhere."
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Stephane Dumas

Verlanka

Quote from: Henry on April 26, 2019, 08:29:32 PM
Quote from: inkyatari on April 25, 2019, 09:39:30 AM

That's funny, although I know lots of owners like myself would take offense to that joke.

Try this on for size:

"Why is a Ford built tough?"

"It's very tough to start it up, and even tougher to get it to go anywhere."
I think that's true of all pickup trucks.

bandit957

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on April 27, 2019, 07:35:05 AM
Anyone who remember the 1980s Juicy Fruit single?

Some stores lately sell a Juicy Fruit BUBBLE gum. Juicy Fruit never used to be labeled as BUBBLE gum, but this kind is. It never used to be designed for blowing bubbles, but apparently now they have a bubble-busting variant.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

mgk920

Quote from: US71 on December 09, 2019, 07:39:10 AM
This was a radio jingle

When I was very young, tuning around on the radio on lazy warm weather afternoons, I'd catch that classic jingle while listening to Chicago Cubs games.

Mike

US71

When you run out, run out to White Hen

US71

Also:

rub-a-dub put a spa in a tub
a spa in a tub

OracleUsr

Quote from: mgk920 on April 25, 2019, 01:14:48 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on April 19, 2019, 11:16:14 PM

I always loved this ad by Budweiser especially the whole song. Usually its cut short to fit in with the typical 30 second ad, but once in a while Anheiser Busch did spring for 2 full minutes to air the whole jingle.

Aaaaand, in the late 1970s, the University of Wisconsin Varsity Band adapted it as a secondary fight song.  It starts at about 0:30 in the clip.

Also, a true classic for Miller.  They we rerunning this jingle the last couple of seasons on Milwaukee Brewers' radio play-by-play broadcasts.

Another true classic from anyone who has ever spent time on the Minnesota or Wisconsin north woods!

Enjoy!

:cheers:

Mike

Clemson University's Tiger Tubas (I was a member for 7 years in the 90's, with co-operative education and two years of grad school) used this as their sectional cheer towards the end of each home game.  We would signal to each other by waving our hands with the thumb and pinky extended.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

US71

SectorZ

Quote from: US71 on December 17, 2019, 07:59:15 PM
And this classic:

Amazing that the ad is 30 years old and still gets played actively now.

renegade

And yet, I'm still sick of hearing it ...
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

PHLBOS

Quote from: US71 on December 09, 2019, 11:42:41 AMWhen you run out, run out to White Hen
Remember that one while I was still residing in MA during the 1980s.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

SectorZ

For Boston locals...

Who do you call when your windshield's busted
Call Giant Glass
1-800-54-GIANT
Done right, done fast

It's actually referenced in a Stephen King book (The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon).

They sadly were bought by Safelite Auto. Giant Glass used to sponsor the "giant" part of the lineup (batters 3 to 6) on the Red Sox radio broadcasts. Now it's the "Safelite Auto" stretch of the lineup, which really sounds asinine.

GaryV

"One eight-hundred five two eight, one two three four, Best Western."

Pretty effective if you can remember a phone number 3 decades later.

mgk920

Quote from: GaryV on December 18, 2019, 04:20:06 PM

Anyone who has lived for any amount of time in Chicagoland, especially during the later parts of the 20th century, will fondly remember "Five eight eight two three hundred Empire!".

Mike

US71

Quote from: mgk920 on December 18, 2019, 09:34:43 PM
Quote from: GaryV on December 18, 2019, 04:20:06 PM

Anyone who has lived for any amount of time in Chicagoland, especially during the later parts of the 20th century, will fondly remember "Five eight eight two three hundred Empire!".

Mike

Oh yes!

Big John

^^ They since went nationwide and modified the number to start with 800 (eight hundred)

US71

Quote from: Big John on December 18, 2019, 09:42:40 PM
^^ They since went nationwide and modified the number to start with 800 (eight hundred)

and added "Today" to their name 800-588-2300 Empire Today

Scott5114

An Oklahoma City classic since 1956.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

I remember the Empire jingle from when I was a kid visiting my grandparents in Kentucky (1980s).  Had to be a broader business earlier on.

https://youtu.be/JDv8zqpl8mI
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.