News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AASHTO May 5, 2013 Route Numbering Actions and Applications

Started by Grzrd, May 09, 2013, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar

I-69E is already AASHTO-approved for Brownsville TX (see discussion upthread).  The approved segment is already freeway, so might be little or nothing to wait for but putting up the signs.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on July 05, 2013, 04:51:11 PM
the I-69 statute technically includes a section from the Port of Corpus Christi to I-69E/US 77. I think that is I-37 and have emailed FHWA to see if that is correct (no response yet). Any insight here on that question will be appreciated
Quote from: oscar on July 05, 2013, 07:46:10 PM
I-69E is already AASHTO-approved for Brownsville TX (see discussion upthread).  The approved segment is already freeway, so might be little or nothing to wait for but putting up the signs.

From the FHWA Statutory Listing of Corridors, do you have any info about this segment?:

18. Corridor from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, through Port Huron, Michigan ....
D.In the Lower Rio Grande Valley, the Corridor shall ....
iii. include the Corpus Christi North-side Highway and Rail Corridor from the existing intersection of United States Route 77 and Interstate Route 37 to United States Route 181

I'm not sure what the reference to the "Corpus Christi North-side Highway and Rail Corridor" means.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Grzrd

^ NE2, thanks.

Interesting. Maybe it is a statutory cousin to MS 8, previously discussed near the bottom of this post, in that it is intended to be a non-interstate grade part of the I-69 Corridor.  I will post if and when FHWA provides their answer.

edit

As recently posted in the I-69 in TX thread, NE2 guessed correctly.

Quote from: Grzrd on July 05, 2013, 04:51:11 PM
if it is I-37, then it will make for a great trivia question: What was the first interstate designation given to a part of the I-69 Corridor in Texas?  :sombrero:

Since the routing on your map incorporates part of I-37, I think I-37 survives as the answer to the proposed trivia question.

NE2

It survives anyway, because I-37 and actual I-69(E) will overlap...

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Grzrd

... which will lead to a trivia question about I-37 having overlapped with both I-69E and the "Corpus Christi North-side Highway and Rail Corridor".  I-37 really gets around, but never quite overlapped with I-69 ...

edit

I may have prematurely impugned I-37's honor. I think it would be more accurate to say that I-37 currently connects to the "Corpus Christi North-side Highway and Rail Corridor". No current overlap.

Grzrd

Quote from: NE2 on July 06, 2013, 09:41:58 AM
It survives anyway, because I-37 and actual I-69(E) will overlap...

Does "Excluding multi-interstate shield overlaps, what was the first interstate designation given to a part of the I-69 Corridor in Texas?" work?

NE2

No, since the I-37/69E overlap is currently only I-37. Consider if they made the Corpus Christi thing into I-569 (like the Texarkana spur is I-369) - then you'd have a similar overlap between I-37 and I-569.

Grzrd

Quote from: NE2 on July 06, 2013, 10:25:22 AM
No, since the I-37/69E overlap is currently only I-37. Consider if they made the Corpus Christi thing into I-569 (like the Texarkana spur is I-369) - then you'd have a similar overlap between I-37 and I-569.

I think it would be more likely that there would be an I-x37 designation that would connect to I-37 instead of creating a useless I-x69 overlap.  Nevertheless, your scenario must be considered in crafting a trivia question.

How about "Excluding currently projected overlaps of I-69, I-69C, and I-69E with currently signed parts of the currently existing interstate system, what was the first interstate designation given to a part of the I-69 Corridor in Texas?"?

Alps

Quote from: Grzrd on July 06, 2013, 11:12:37 AM
Quote from: NE2 on July 06, 2013, 10:25:22 AM

I think it would be more likely that there would be an I-x37 designation that would connect to I-37 instead of creating a useless I-x69 overlap.  Nevertheless, your scenario must be considered in crafting a trivia question.

How about "Excluding currently projected overlaps of I-69, I-69C, and I-69E with currently signed parts of the currently existing interstate system, what was the first interstate designation given to a part of the I-69 Corridor in Texas?"?
US 59. It's an interstate highway.

Grzrd

Quote from: Steve on July 06, 2013, 01:52:04 PM
US 59. It's an interstate highway.

I can only imagine the disputes on Trivia Nights ....

If you insist, how about "Excluding currently projected overlaps of I-69, I-69C, and I-69E with currently signed parts of the currently existing Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways, and further excluding non-Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways designations on overlaps with other routes, what was the first interstate-shield designation given to a part of the I-69 Corridor in Texas?"?

Road Hog

The letters on that Corpus Christi North-side Highway and Rail Corridor shield are gonna be mighty narrow.

Avalanchez71

texaskdog

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 12, 2013, 02:23:15 PM
I am surprised that they did not make I-2, I-69S.

no kidding, and they could change I-37 to I-69N

bugo

vtk

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Roadsguy

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

english si

Too close to B?

Latin extended is clearly the way to go* after all the suffixes are used up, except looking, there's not that many that would be different enough: Ǝ, ʔ and Þ is all I can see that are upper case.

*before Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese, that cool Canadian arctic tribe alphabet, Sanskrit, wiggles, etc.

Grzrd

Quote from: english si on July 13, 2013, 03:52:17 PM
Latin extended is clearly the way to go after all the suffixes are used up, except looking, there's not that many that would be different enough: Ǝ, ʔ and Þ is all I can see that are upper case.

An I-69Þ shield would undoubtedly be one of the more popular dorm room shields.

Alps

Bickendan

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Grzrd

Since there is the occasional complaint that I-11 really does not fit the grid, why not change and go with another gridbuster that is more Vegas-centric: I-69$.

Rover_0

Quote from: Grzrd on July 17, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
Since there is the occasional complaint that I-11 really does not fit the grid, why not change and go with another gridbuster that is more Vegas-centric: I-69$.

Ka-ching! :P

Of course, I-17 (routed up I-11 with I-19 essentially up I-17) could kinda play into the whole "lucky 7" mentality. Or another grid-buster number that works even better is I-7, or I-777.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

vtk

Quote from: Grzrd on July 17, 2013, 12:47:15 PM

Makes me think of prostitution.  But hey, that's legal in Nevada.  Better make sure there's a business route along the streets with the most sex workers.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.