News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Michigan Lefts, in Texas?

Started by Hellfighter, March 26, 2010, 11:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfighter

http://detnews.com/article/20100326/OPINION03/3260353/1414/METRO05/Texas-town-turns-to-Michigan-Left

Yup, Texas MLT will be bringing a Michigan Left to the intersection of Preston and Legacy. Can't wait to hear about all the chaos that results from this!  :-D

juscuz410

Hey Fighter, go to the SouthEast thread. I got one for ya!

Alps

No, you have a jughandle.  Does Texas do the jug ever?

Hellfighter

Quote from: AlpsROADS on March 28, 2010, 06:43:47 PM
No, you have a jughandle.  Does Texas do the jug ever?

How should I know?  :-D

lamsalfl

What about a New Orleans left turn?  Pass up the intersection you want to take a left on, then make a u-turn a block later, then a right turn to complete the transaction.

US71

Quote from: lamsalfl on April 13, 2010, 08:16:06 PM
What about a New Orleans left turn?  Pass up the intersection you want to take a left on, then make a u-turn a block later, then a right turn to complete the transaction.

There's one of those on US 71 at Pineville, MO.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

austrini

I drove by the Michigan Left today, in Plano. One minivan turned left on the green light as I drove past, and one other car was about to. No one seemed to pay any attention at all to the no left turn signs and no one was using the turnaround lane past the intersection.  I LOLed.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.