News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

Raining harder than it ought to in June.

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on June 18, 2016, 09:04:12 PM
Raining harder than it ought to in June.

My coworkers were telling me that Tacoma's sewers were, as usual during heavy rain, backing up, and several of the steep streets became proverbial rivers.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

kkt

72 degrees, occassional clouds, beautiful day.

Desert Man

Highs expected to reach a whopping 120f tomorrow in the Palm Springs area in a 19-state heat wave on the first day of summer in the northern hemisphere.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

pumpkineater2

Come ride with me to the distant shore...

CNGL-Leudimin

Now that it's hot! :ded: The highest temperature I remember here was 'only' 108°F in July 7th last year. That same day, Zaragoza got an all-time high of 112°F (even hotter than Phoenix that day). Then wind changed from SW to NW, and the following day the high was only 85°F.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

xcellntbuy

Will be cooler this evening, the first day of summer at 63-65 degrees in middle Georgia.  The rest of the week, all upper 90s and dry.  Drought conditions here.

ET21

Calm before the storm, gorgeous night in Chicago. Big severe day likely tomorrow
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

JMoses24

After two days of storm chases, it's a warm but sunny night in Cincinnati. Current temp is 84 degrees.

Desert Man

Second time this month: temps near 120f today with 40-50% humidity from monsoonal moisture in So CA. When I get the carts outside, the heat rises off the asphalt to make the air temps hotter than they are.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Bruce

Cloudy mornings that burn off to warm (but not hot) and clear evenings. This is pretty much ideal.

7/8

Today was sunny with a high of 26 C (79 F). Nice weather for the beach!

slorydn1

Working nights now. Every time I step outside for a smoke the song "Welcome To The Jungle" plays in my head, its so damn sticky outside.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

paulthemapguy

Quote from: 7/8 on July 03, 2016, 09:33:28 PM
79 as beach weather? You must be from Canada. *checks* Yep, definitely from Canada.  :D
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

7/8

Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 08, 2016, 09:53:04 PM
79 as beach weather? You must be from Canada. *checks* Yep, definitely from Canada.  :D

Lol I didn't think 79 F was that cold! I guess it's relative :)

noelbotevera

Weird day yesterday. Blue skies out and it's raining hard. What?

TravelingBethelite

A gloomy day in store for us today, with a forecasted high of 72 and a 30 percent chance of showers. It actually wasn't as hot the past couple of days as had been forecasted. It's weather-who knows?  :crazy:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

7/8

Today in Kitchener had a high of 34 C (93 F), 38 C (100 F) with the humidex. Environment Canada issued a heat warning. It's been a pretty hot summer here, with many days in the 30's, and not much rain!

SignGeek101

Cold (18 C, 64 F) and rainy. Should clear out tonight, leaving us with a warm and sunny weekend ahead.

Quote from: 7/8 on July 13, 2016, 05:26:24 PM
Today in Kitchener had a high of 34 C (93 F), 38 C (100 F) with the humidex. Environment Canada issued a heat warning. It's been a pretty hot summer here, with many days in the 30's, and not much rain!

That's what I miss about living in Ontario. I love humidity and heat, so I dig that type of stuff (just not at night). I remember the humidex (humidity index for you Americans) getting to 45 (113 F) one year; we just moved in to our new house, and there wasn't AC.

jakeroot

Quote from: SignGeek101 on July 13, 2016, 10:54:48 PM
That's what I miss about living in Ontario. I love humidity and heat

kphoger

Raining cats and dogs.  Our basement has foundation cracks and has already had wet carpet twice so far this year.  Not cool.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

noelbotevera

Heavy thunderstorm last night. Roads were flooded.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 7/8 on July 08, 2016, 11:11:42 PM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 08, 2016, 09:53:04 PM

Lol I didn't think 79 F was that cold! I guess it's relative :)

Many years ago, a developer wanted to build a drug store at a very busy corner on Rt. 322 in Mullica Hill, NJ,. which is a heavily traveled shore route from PA to NJ 55  They did a traffic study one summer weekend, and presented the results of that study to the township committee.  One very acute person had time to look back, and noted the study was done on a unusually cool summer weekend.  While  similar to the temps you said were nice in Ontario, those temps in NJ would result in people staying home from the shore for the weekend.  The developer, from Florida, tried to claim that it sounded like a good weekend for the beach, which resulted in a roomful of groans (and more).  That very big mis-step may have resulted in the township turning down his project's location!

Thank goodness it did...eventually that location became part of the 322 Bypass thru town.

Bruce

Low 70s, clear and sunny. A perfect summer day here.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.