San Antonio now home to sole drive-thru only Burger King in Texas

Started by ZLoth, May 09, 2024, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Quote from: Road Hog on May 24, 2024, 03:41:24 AMwho dines in at a QSR anymore
People who are on a roadtrip and need to do things like go to the bathroom and don't want to eat in their car?  Honestly, I don't really get fast food unless I'm on the road, so the only time I would locally is upon returning from a trip - in which case I would want to unpack first, and would probably get something like a sub that I would feel OK leaving for a while (ie, I don't care if it gets cold).  So really, I could ask the opposite - who doesn't dine in at a QSR?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

dlsterner

Quote from: Road Hog on May 24, 2024, 03:41:24 AMwho dines in at a QSR anymore.

I do.  Especially on a road trip I would much rather eat at a table than in my car.  Also have access to the drink refill station and the restroom.  I make sure to plan my trips to be leisurely enough that I don't feel compelled to shave off every last minute of my driving time.

CtrlAltDel

I-290   I-294   I-55   (I-74)   (I-72)   I-40   I-30   US-59   US-190   TX-30   TX-6

Big John

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Road Hog on May 24, 2024, 03:41:24 AMMcD's has a drive-thru-only location in McKinney,just east of 75 on University. I think they tore down a Boston Market to build it. Regarding BK, wouldn't stun me because who dines in at a QSR anymore.

I do when I get hungry in the beginning or middle of a chain of errands.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ClassicHasClass

Quote from: vdeane on May 24, 2024, 12:59:45 PMSo really, I could ask the opposite - who doesn't dine in at a QSR?

I don't anymore. If we're going to one, we get it to go, though we have other health concerns nowadays. COVID isn't over for everybody.

ErmineNotyours

Turns out I had taken a picture of the drive-thru-only McDonald's of Tillicum, Washington, outside of Fort Lewis.  March 2009.  It has since been replaced by a standard McDonald's.

Road Hog

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.