National Boards > Traffic Control

The road sign city name photo game

(1/1215) > >>

Scott5114:
This is a pretty simple game that exists mostly as excuse to get people to post road sign photos for me to look at. There's no winner or score.

Here's how it works.

* I'll post a picture of a road sign with a city name on it.
* The next person will post a road sign that has a city name on it that starts with the same letter as the previous city name ends with. For example, if the previous sign said "Stigler", the next person would have to post a sign with a city name that starts with R.
* If there are multiple city names in a photo, you have to use the one that continues the chain. If, after Stigler, a sign is posted that says "Sarcoxie/Reeds", the next name has to start with S, not E.
* The only exception is the A rule. For whatever reason, a lot of place names starting with A also end in A. If a city ends in A, you may use another city name in the photo to continue with, so as to keep us from a never ending stream of As.
* If there are multiple city names in a photo that start with the correct letter, you can continue the chain with any of them.

* If a city starts and ends with the same letter, you cannot use the same city name twice in a row.
* The same person can't go twice in a row unless 48 hours pass between posts.
* Town/village/city names only, no street, county, region, or state names.
* No GSV. GSV is of the devil.
* Only officially-posted signs. No handmade, advertising, etc. signs.
* All signs must be "in the wild". Nothing hanging on your wall, in your garage, etc.
* Added 2017-01-17: As with A, If a city ends in X, Y, or Z, you may use another city name in the photo to continue with. (This is to keep us from getting stuck.)
So the starting photo is...

Since this is the first post, the next poster can use a name that starts with either N or L. After that, you'll have to use whichever name they used to continue the chain.

ColossalBlocks:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/22/d0/87/22d08725e7ca838e1f50f945cd2c6205.jpg

Does something someone found on Google Images count?

epzik8:

--- Quote from: ColossalBlocks on December 29, 2016, 05:51:13 PM ---https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/22/d0/87/22d08725e7ca838e1f50f945cd2c6205.jpg

Does something someone found on Google Images count?

--- End quote ---

I'm going to make it count, since I have a G-city in my personal photos.

Ian:
El Centro on I-8 eastbound in San Diego at I-805...

7/8:
How about this sign on Hwy 17? 145 km to Ottawa. Feel free to use Cobden or Renfrew for the next sign.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version