News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Informal Survey: Arkansas Meet

Started by US71, December 02, 2018, 01:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I don't even have a date in mind, just sending out feelers.  Would there be more interest in a Western/NW Arkansas Meet or a NE Arkansas Meet?

NW Arkansas has I-49/ AR 549,  War Eagle truss bridge near Rogers,  old AR 68 War Eagle arch bridge near Huntsville,  Bobby Hopper Tunnel,  1922 Arch Bridge near Siloam Springs

NE Arkansas has a couple sections of Ozark Trail /old Route A-7 (later US 63) plus a couple old bridges along there, I-555, a couple older truss bridges near Bono.  It would be a little far for a one day meet, but there's also the Arkansas-Missouri arch along US 61.

I'm just throwing out a few ideas at the moment. Depending what kind of response I get I'll start working something up and trying to set a date (likely September or early October)

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MNHighwayMan

Put me down for tentatively interested, since that's not too far away.

Brandon

Either, but I've yet to be to NW Arkansas.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

cjk374

Count me in for either one. I would love to do the Pig Trail again, but the only time I have been in NE Arkansas were the times I went through Ash Flat & Hardy to go to Columbia, MO...plus one trip to St. Louis via I-55 about 25 years ago.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

cl94

Tentatively interested depending on timing. Strongly prefer NW Arkansas. More interesting.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

kevinb1994

NW Arkansas would be more doable for us, but the interest isn't there so we're out.

A.J. Bertin

I'd definitely say NW Arkansas over NE Arkansas. I am interested too depending on timing.
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

I am all for northwestern Arkansas as long as my personal schedule allows
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

I've been in both, having clinched US 62 in a couple of sittings years ago. NE Arkansas is obviously much closer, but much less interesting in terms of terrain and I presume items of interest as well.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

MikieTimT

If NWA comes to fruition, I'd be up for it depending on availability since I live here.  I've got a 2006 Honda Odyssey that seats 8 and know every road and point of interest in the area intimately due to the amount of driving I do for my living.  There's a section of the 412 Bypass (AR-612) that's been open for a few months as well.  The Bella Vista Bypass has lots of construction activity on the Arkansas side now for the northbound carriageway with a couple of bridges already having steel done, so it won't be a Super-2 for more than another year, at least in the middle stretch.

US71

Quote from: MikieTimT on January 25, 2019, 01:21:00 PM
If NWA comes to fruition, I'd be up for it depending on availability since I live here.  I've got a 2006 Honda Odyssey that seats 8 and know every road and point of interest in the area intimately due to the amount of driving I do for my living.  There's a section of the 412 Bypass (AR-612) that's been open for a few months as well.  The Bella Vista Bypass has lots of construction activity on the Arkansas side now for the northbound carriageway with a couple of bridges already having steel done, so it won't be a Super-2 for more than another year, at least in the middle stretch.

I've not had much time to work on anything, but the Bella Vista Bypass is a possible as is AR 612. IF I do it, it would likely be August-September.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.