News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

OpenStreetMap-Americana, an American-styled OSM map style with Highway shields!

Started by MoiraPrime, January 30, 2022, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Another interesting scheme: MapArt used blue for freeways and purple for toll roads.  Seems appropriate given the coloring of signage for AET facilities.  If anyone's curious, my AAA atlas is Kappa Map Group.  I also have a Hagstrom atlas of NYC that used green for parkways (which makes sense to differentiate due to restrictions on commercial vehicles).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

MoiraPrime

Quote from: Bickendan on February 03, 2022, 06:47:54 PM
Couple of notes: I had to zoom in quite far to see some of state route numbers, rendered shield or placeholder square. Some, like OR 18 and OR 62, actually said 'OR 18' or 'OR 62' in their shield.

That usually indicates someone tagged the relation of those routes wrong. They're supposed to have network=US:OR with ref=18 or 62.  Sometimes people will mistakenly set the ref on the relation to OR 62. It should only have the state abbreviation on the ways.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.